Author Topic: Help - No DLL.XML file on system (+ no buildings + no add on menu)  (Read 16199 times)

wardie

Heya

I seem to have a very bad problem with my FSX. I have installed the demo of Zurich airport add-on, however when i go to the airport no buldings can be seen, only jetways and trucks etc. I also have no add-on menu. I noticed this same problem when i tried to install FScopilot to run VATSIM. No add-on menu was created then also. I have searched the whole internet for days and no help. I have seached my system aswell for this DLL.XML, to try and amend the code to make simconnect work or something! However i cannot find this file 'DLL.XML' at all!! someone said to find it here..

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

However i have nothing inside that "application data" file, no microsoft sub file. It seems i have no DLL.XML file at all, i think this is why there is never any add-on menu.

It is not a problem with me anit-virus, i have tried uninstalling it and running my system without it. I am running FSX Deluxe, SP1 (SP2 didnt solve problem either) on Windows XP - service pack 2.

any help would be great. i am missing out on this great zurich airport, and any other FSX addon!

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help - No DLL.XML file on system (+ no buildings + no add on menu)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:30:53 pm »
That suggested location for DLL.XML is not always correct, because it depends on UAC settings.

The only reliable way to always find the right folder, is to press the Start button, and type in the white space the following:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Then press Enter. This will always open the correct folder, regardless which OS you have and UAC settings.

You should find a DLL.XML file here. Our installer will automatically create one, if none exists. We had a known problem with FsCopilot.dll, that should be fixed in the latest 1.3 version of the scenery. Previously, if you had Addon Manager section *after* FSCopilot, Addon Manager didn't work. The current installer will automatically always put Addon Manager before, fixing the issue.

Try to downlodad the latest installer if you don't already have 1.3.

If you still have problems, you can try posting your DLL.XML file.

wardie

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:39:57 pm »
ah excellant i found it. Yeh i have downloaded the 1.3 demo, and still no add-on. I tried Fscopilot before trying Zurich airport, and no add-on menu when i first tried to install FScopilot. Here is my dll file...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
    <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 02:57:51 pm »
Here is my dll file...

Your XML file looks fine. Problem must be something else.

I tried Fscopilot before trying Zurich airport, and no add-on menu when i first tried to install FScopilot.

You said you didn't had Zurich, tried FSCopilot, and no Addons menu as well ? This looks like your Simconnect isn't working, so no addon is able to start.

There are several things you can try:

- Repair FSX installation, it might fix some files

- Turn off any firewall. Simconnect uses an internal TCP communication, some firewalls are known to be able to block it. This was documented by Microsoft as well:

http://www.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/BlockItOrNot.aspx

If it still doesn't work, you might try activating Simconnect diagnostic mode, have a look here to see how:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=238.msg1261#msg1261

Note, having a non working Simconnect, will probably prevent you using any FSX addons in the future, so it's worth investigating and correct the issue.

wardie

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 06:40:39 pm »
hey
i have done all of the above, such as removing anitvirus, reinstalling FSX etc. Here is my simconnect report thing. Thanks for all your help.

0.00000 Simconnect verison 10.0.61242.0
'import site' failed; use -v for tracebook

5.60008 DLL loaded: Path="bglmanx.dll" Verison="2.4.0.3"
5.74462 Panels data export found and set to 20A819B8
7.07307 DLL loaded: Path="Module/FSUIPC.dll" Verison="4.0.8.0"
14.48232 (62) inactive! <7,C000013F>
14.48307 (63) inactive! <7,C000013F>

Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 07:33:55 pm »
I see you have FSX SP1 (or, at least, your Simconnect is coming from FSX SP1).

Have you tried installing SP2 ?

wardie

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 07:49:59 pm »
hey, yeh i have SP1. I installed SP2, but i found it made a problem with my add-on a/c Flight1s ATR72. so i went back to SP1. Have you any ideas based on seeing my simconnect file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:04:33 pm »
It that is all you see on your log file, and nothing else, it looks like both modules you have (bglmanx and fsuipc) were loaded, but then Simconnect died and both didn't get the chance to start. You don't see "Addons" menu, right ?

My only guess is that, but uninstalling SP2, something has gone wrong. Usually, reinstalling FSX from scratch solves the issue.

You can try this as well:

• Delete the following folder (if you Windows is installed in C:\ otherwise change it accordingly)
    C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

Repair FSX install
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:06:39 pm by virtuali »

wardie

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 08:54:45 pm »
i definatly still dont get the add-on menu. I looked for that file to delete, however i dont have it. i have 2 similar, but not an excat match.

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a

and...

x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

Which one should i delete?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 09:10:24 pm »
Try the one with 61242 first, then repair.

wardie

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 04:56:29 pm »

Sadly none of this has worked. i have tried uninstalling everything, re-installing everything over and over, deleting those odd simconnect files, etc etc. nothing seems to work at all! It must of been a problem when i installed FScopilot and FSinn a while ago, and repeatly removing and adding this software trying to get it too work must of corrupted some important file that stops the add-on menu working.

I think i will just have to call it a day on this problem unless you have thought of one last ditch effort that could of been the problem? the only thing i can think of is a fresh installation of WindowsXP? Luckily i still have FSX working, and somehow my pay-ware Flight1 ATR-72 works! So i will just to stick to it and just not have to get anymore add-ons :(

Just would like to say thanks for your time and your help on this even though it is yet fixed, i'm sure you would of had better things to do than help me!

Thanks again, all the best
Sam,