Author Topic: Scenery does not match Jepp charts  (Read 1753 times)

skysurfer

Scenery does not match Jepp charts
« on: August 14, 2023, 06:19:25 am »
Hello.
I have noticed that taxiways and markings do not match Jepp charts. ORD ATC also told me I was taxiing on grass etc.
Please review. Thx

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53115291765_b009c07cb7_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53114874296_59cdac6202_k.jpg
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 04:43:10 pm by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Scenery does not match Jepp charts
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 06:15:31 am »
 Scenery is released as a snapshot in time, it matched the charts at one point.

tjahns

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 11:41:17 pm »
Hello, I purchased this KORD V2 scenery (from SimMarket.com) on the strength of a reviewer's comment that the scenery was "updated regularly" by the developer.  Please consider updating this scenery to match the current real-world Jeppesen charts.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 11:43:09 pm by tjahns »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 04:57:14 pm »
We already updated KORD V2 SEVERAL TIMES, for FREE.

But it's just wrong to assume a scenery could be constantly updated to real charts and, in this case, the changes after the latest update are not just a couple of taxiways, but a whole new part of a Terminal, so it's not a quick work.

I should remind you, to get updated charts in realtime, you surely pay a subscription, that's not how sceneries are normally sold, and I don't think many users would accept that so, you just have to realize, a scenery cannot be updated with the same frequency of the real world charts ESPECIALLY when it's a one-time purchase with no monthly fees.

Bill721

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 07:21:12 pm »
Umberto, can you please update the scenery when you can?  I know it's a pain, however, when flying on Vatsim and getting taxi instructions it's confusing.  I feel your pain. I have bought your products on every simulator since the first one that came out.  They have all been fantastic so thank you for your products and consistent attention to any issues we have had over the history.

Thank you,
Bill Ditz

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 12:22:10 am »
We already updated KORD V2 SEVERAL TIMES, for FREE.

But it's just wrong to assume a scenery could be constantly updated to real charts and, in this case, the changes after the latest update are not just a couple of taxiways, but a whole new part of a Terminal, so it's not a quick work.

I should remind you, to get updated charts in realtime, you surely pay a subscription, that's not how sceneries are normally sold, and I don't think many users would accept that so, you just have to realize, a scenery cannot be updated with the same frequency of the real world charts ESPECIALLY when it's a one-time purchase with no monthly fees.

I understand your perspective, but you need to also understand that when you've released a scenery like your KORD, no one else is going to make a newer one because you've already locked down so much of the market share and people aren't going to want to rebuy a new scenery. It's not worth it for someone else to make a new KORD.

So all of us with Navigraph subscriptions flying on VATSIM are always stuck playing Russian roulette when flying in and out of KORD with your scenery. Last time I did so, the controller verbatim said to me "well, I've got no idea which taxiways your scenery has, so let's try this: [taxi instructions]". Spoiler alert: his instructions didn't work because my scenery didn't match and we had to take up time on frequency to try and sort it out (and sorting it out ended up being him telling me to make my way the best I could).

I would happily pay 5-10 bucks for something that brought it up to date with the current taxiways, and again in the future when the terminals, etc. are done. As it is today is a menace!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 11:03:19 am »
I would happily pay 5-10 bucks for something that brought it up to date with the current taxiways, and again in the future when the terminals, etc. are done.

The problem is, most of the sales for KORD has been in the Marketplace, and the Marketplace doesn't even have the concept of upgrade prices, it just doesn't support that so, if we wanted to do a paid update (which we CAN do on OUR site easily), it would require making a whole new product, to be sold at full price.

Also, there's no way for us to check ownership of something bought on the Marketplace (Microsoft doesn't even give you a purchase receipt that says what you bought: you just bought "store credits"), so we couldn't even make a low-priced update for Marketplace users to be sold on our site.

I'm sure the Marketplace limitation of not allowing paid updates will surface soon enough, after MSFS 2024 will came out, but it would have been an issue nonetheless, because airports DO become "old" after some years.