Author Topic: You need to set parking brakes to request ground services ERROR v.2.6.1  (Read 2989 times)

steveduemila

Hi to all,
i got this error for the first time today after the upgrade of GSX Pro to ver 2.6.1 (i am using GSX Pro since first version for MSFS2020)
I am using FBW A32X Stable Version 0.10.0 beginning the flight from cold and dark cockpit as usual
I tried several airport but the situation does not change. I tried also to restart the sim and Couatl.
This make, of course, GSX completely unusable.
With the default Asobo A320. GSx Pro works fine.
Is there any workaround?
Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 10:40:05 am by steveduemila »

hwmertens

Hi,

I can confirm this. GSX Pro 2.6.1 and FBW 0.10.0 Development 1081ae1.
Updated GSX Pro yesterday and FBW today.

Hans

hwmertens

After further investigations the issue should be at FlyByWire's A320neo Mod 'cause with the default Asobo A320no GSX Pro 2.6.1 is recognising the parking brake correctly.

Hans

kingnorris

I updated GSX to this version, and using the developmental FBW, have had zero issues. (And that version gets updated daily)

steveduemila

SOLVED!!!!!!!
The new version of GSX has deleted the correct profile file and replaced with a standard one wich is not right for FBW A320
To solve the problem, follow this steps:
Go \Community\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO, copy the file gsx.cfg and paste into C:\Users\(name of the user)\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\Airplanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO.
That's all.

hwmertens

Thank you Steve,

it works!

But be careful if you already have a modified config. Just overwriting with the mentioned one will kill all your modifications.

Hans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The new version of GSX has deleted the correct profile file and replaced with a standard one wich is not right for FBW A320

GSX will NEVER touch a profile you had in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, those are your own profiles, and the installer won't even go into that folder. If you had a custom profile there, and you lost it or it was changed, it wasn't done by the GSX installer.

topcat_1952

Received this message with the new A2A Comanche this morning. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Received this message with the new A2A Comanche this morning. Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks

I guess it's likely the airplane uses a custom parking brake variable, which is why GSX has a way for users to set its condition in the airplane profile, since you surely must create a profile before being able to use it, like all airplanes that are not internally supported by GSX.

topcat_1952

Not sure how or where to do this since after the message, I cannot get to the GSX menu to make a profile. It does not appear.
No big deal since being a GA airplane, I probably won't need to use the GSX features anyway. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Not sure how or where to do this since after the message, I cannot get to the GSX menu to make a profile. It does not appear.

Just edit the airplane when you are not inside a parking spot, so you can open the GSX menu without any need to set the parking brakes.

topcat_1952

Will try that. Thanks