Author Topic: Issues when updating  (Read 609 times)

paul01942

Issues when updating
« on: May 31, 2023, 08:39:52 am »
Hi Guys,

I purchased both GSX and GSX expansion level 2 for FSX, I have encountered the same problem from purchase that when i perform any kind of update it takes me to the update page advises me that there are 1 to 25 update cycles yet I only get as far as number 2 after 4% the program goes off? (see attachment) I seem to only have legacy textures (Jet aviation) and rarely see any other logos around my airports

What am I doing wrong guys?

LEdwards2012

Re: Issues when updating
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 02:10:36 pm »
I think it is intentional that the updater only does the steps necessary for the FSDT scenery that you have. If you run the Installer rather than the Updater you can select individual items to update or update all, and see the progress.

paul01942

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 02:12:47 pm »
My installer only let's me select between default jetbridges and GSX controlled jetbridges

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 03:45:36 pm »
My installer only let's me select between default jetbridges and GSX controlled jetbridges

Nothing in the installer does that. That would be the GSX Control Panel instead, and it's not a choice, you MUST Disable default jetways, if you use GSX L2, otherwise you'll see double jetways in default airports. While this is done automatically when installing, if you reinstall the simulator without reinstalling GSX, you must disable the replacement jetways again, hence the option in the GSX Control panel to do so.