Author Topic: Train  (Read 1181 times)

aal763

Train
« on: May 25, 2023, 11:56:12 pm »
Is the train that connects the terminals modeled/animated in this version?  I’ve been looking for it now for 15minutes and cannot seem to find it.  This should really be standard on a scenery nowadays, especially since it is included in your past sceneries such as ORD.  The train at IAH is even more visible from the ramp than ORDa train too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Train
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 12:27:10 am »
We'll take this suggestion into account for an update, it's something we thought about it, but we assumed it was more important to focus on other usability first things, like the "AFCAD", the parking, the interaction with AI, with GSX, etc.

Also, don't forget this scenery costs half price than KORD, less than KCLT which is almost comparable in size (but is in fact smaller and less complex), and it's the same price as Zurich, which is a lot smaller and also doesn't include any animated trains and considering the complete lack of any alternatives (both KORD and LSZH have free/almost free alternatives because of the handcrafted versions in the sim), we could easily decided an higher price for KIAH, yet we decided to go as low as possible, to the limit of sustainability.

Let's hope users will try to appreciate this "usability first" design goal, together with the low price.

About animations, each door on Terminals B and C is animated individually and reacts to GSX Boarding/Deboarding, and each and every gate on those two terminals has the upper Info panel also animated using a feature that I don't think I ever seen on a scenery, that is scrolling text using animated materials, which is not even documented in the SDK.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 06:04:43 pm »
The Skyway train is back in today's update (1.0.1)

aal763

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 06:23:46 pm »
Awesome!  Thank you Umberto!!