Author Topic: Passenger route for deboarding at H12 incorrect  (Read 2050 times)

falcon999

Passenger route for deboarding at H12 incorrect
« on: March 05, 2023, 08:58:27 pm »
Passengers are not following the jetway at H12, floating in front of aircraft.  Please see screenshot.  I have the latest updates for KORD and GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger route for deboarding at H12 incorrect
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 09:15:58 am »
The issues with jetways has been explained so many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28663.msg187336.html#msg187336

falcon999

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 02:29:39 pm »
Thank you for the reply, appreciate it. Maybe a pinned ‘known issues’ post could help?

Since this was an FSDT created airport, I was hoping that the issue could be mitigated?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 11:04:49 am »
Since this was an FSDT created airport, I was hoping that the issue could be mitigated ?

The SU10 Navdata is always giving us too few data to make jetway detection works reliably, no matter who made the scenery.

falcon999

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 02:56:32 am »
After SU12 and latest GSX updates still issues of people not routing through jetway properly at KORD gate K10 and C21.

Tried loading a screenshot but the forum is giving me an error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 10:46:57 am »
After SU12 and latest GSX updates still issues of people not routing through jetway properly at KORD gate K10 and C21.

I tried it now at C21, using the default Asobo A320, and passengers work perfectly fine here, walking inside the jetway as expected.

A thing of note is that, on a large airport like KORD, which is likely the airport with most jetways in the world, it might take a while for data about all jetways to come in, and if you call GSX too quickly while it's still getting the data, the data won't be correct, leading to passengers walking in the air, because the jetway position hasn't been obtained from Simconnect yet.

This might be possibly aggravated A LOT, if your Simconnect is under stress because of too many objects in the scene, which is easy to reach on such large airport, especially if you use AI traffic products that adds hundreds of AI on their own.

This causes Simconnect to work incorrectly, returning erratic data, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29576.15.html

falcon999

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 12:59:38 am »
Thanks for the quick response!  :D

This was using the PMDG 738. I followed GSX taxi guidance at the gate. Was approx 1ft to far and .5 ft off. I stopped, did the engine shut down procedures and then requested deboarding. I am not using any traffic addons and only have GSX, FSDT airports and vPilot installed. Nothing else. So not sure what else sim connect would be doing. The screenshot I have, but can’t upload, shows the passengers walking onto the jetway from the aircraft and then instead of turning to continue down the jetway they make a wrong turn and walk across to the B Concourse.  At K10 they turn wrong coming out of aircraft door.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 11:06:29 am by falcon999 »

falcon999

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 08:24:48 pm »
Also happing at B21.  Passengers walk out of door then make a right turn and float to the terminal in front of the nose.  This was the PMDG United 900ER.

Again I don't think this is a sim connect issue.  Maybe something wrong with KORD Jetway coordinates?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 01:53:53 pm »
Tried B21 at KORD, and passengers work perfectly fine. Yes, it was a Simconnect issue, which would be confirmed more easily if you posted a log as well.

falcon999

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 04:14:34 pm »
Where do I find the log?  FYI: The forum won’t let me upload jpg. Get some kind of time out error. I can load jpg to other sites.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2023, 12:00:28 am »
Where do I find the log?

It will be generated if you enable Logging in the Troubleshooting tab of the GSX Settings, then restart Couatl and redo what you needed to do to recreate the problem, and you'll find a Couatl.LOG in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

The procedure is explained in the GSX manual, at Page 33, the "Diagnostic log" paragraph of the "Troubleshooting Settings" chapter. Once you have a log, ZIP IT, so you can Attach it to a post and I can see it in its original form.

FYI: The forum won’t let me upload jpg. Get some kind of time out error. I can load jpg to other sites.

First, you don't need to uploaded a screenshot, when I asked for a log. But other users have uploaded jpg just fine, even today, see here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29635.0.html