Author Topic: MSFS freezing going into ORD  (Read 1867 times)

qxlover

MSFS freezing going into ORD
« on: January 25, 2023, 02:11:50 am »
Has anyone else had the issue of MSFS freezing while flying into ORD? I've just installed and activated it and tried the same fight twice and the sim froze (not responding) at the same spot, around 30 nm out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS freezing going into ORD
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 08:55:34 am »
If you have the Asobo version installed, be sure you remove it from the Content Manager. Even if you don't see visual conflicts, the sim might still wasting memory trying to load both.

qxlover

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 12:09:25 pm »
I just had the opportunity to try it again and it still froze up, 37 nm (the same distance as the last two times) from the airport even after removing the asobo scenery. i've done multiple flights to other airports without problems.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 12:11:51 pm by qxlover »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 09:08:29 am »
I just had the opportunity to try it again and it still froze up, 37 nm (the same distance as the last two times) from the airport even after removing the asobo scenery. i've done multiple flights to other airports without problems.

That far from the airport is clearly not the scenery problem, it's most likely a problem with either an AI airplane with corrupted/missing texture ( one that doesn't appear on other airports you tried ) or any Navdata from around the area.

qxlover

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 12:24:14 pm »
well, it just happened again, same distance. 4 different directions and this hasn't happened at any other airport. no AI planes around. it's clearly an issue with the scenery because it doesn't happen when it is not installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 09:35:38 pm »
well, it just happened again, same distance. 4 different directions and this hasn't happened at any other airport. no AI planes around. it's clearly an issue with the scenery because it doesn't happen when it is not installed.

If with "same distance", you still mean 37 NM out, it's clearly not the scenery, since it's not loaded from that far away and, if you didn't had AI ( are you sure ? AI are loaded in a bubble of 200 miles around you so, even if you don't see them, they are there ), it's possibly a problem with the Navdata in that area.

Of course, it FSDT KORD was really crashing, we would have heard it by now, considering it came out more than 2 years ago.