Author Topic: Click GSX 2 times  (Read 2232 times)

cchiozza

Click GSX 2 times
« on: January 05, 2023, 07:45:06 pm »
Why do I have to click GSX 2 time for it to load? This is on standard toolbar and Flow?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Click GSX 2 times
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 11:43:08 am »
If you mean the GSX menu, you surely don't have to click it twice, if you use it correctly, as explained in the manual where the menu is explained, at Page 74:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

rogermoore

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 08:53:14 pm »
i have rarely had the chance to close them menu as it randomly disappears in use generally

reopening, i have always had to press the menu icon twice to get the menu viewable and i have seen youtubers doing it as well.

i find the whole experience most unsatisfactory.  every other menu icon works intuitively fsltl, navigraph etc, why is GSX any different.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 08:53:00 am »
i have rarely had the chance to close them menu as it randomly disappears in use generally

The GSX menu never disappears randomly, it always disappears as soon as you choose an option, provided it doesn't need to come up again for a follow up question, which sometimes is immediate, like the choice of the operators after selecting a gate, but sometime the follow up menu comes after a a short time ( Pushback direction ), but can also come after a longer time ( Refueling or Deicing ).

And that's precisely the reason why you shouldn't close it from the Toolbar, for as long services are underway: you would MISS the all important follow up menu if you did, because it's not possible to programmatically re-open a Toolbar that has been closed that way, except from Javascript code which, incidentally, stops its execution when the menu is closed from the Toolbar, creating a chicken-egg situation.

THAT'S why you should always close the menu with the hotkey or the X icon, so the menu will only be hidden from view, but still active, so its code is still running, meaning it can show up again automatically, when needed.

i find the whole experience most unsatisfactory.  every other menu icon works intuitively fsltl, navigraph etc, why is GSX any different.

GSX menu works just fine, if you follow the correct way of using it I already quoted from the manual, and it works exactly like Navigraph: its hotkey works only as long you close it with the hotkey ( not the toolbar ) and it stops responding if you close it from the toolbar.

The only difference is that, something like Navigraph doesn't need further actions as follow-up menus like GSX, so the fact the hotkey is no longer active when you close it from the toolbar, is not really a big issue, since when you close it, you are usually done with it and Navigraph doesn't need to do something in the meantime that would require re-opening itself.

GSX doesn't work that way, because of the aforementioned follow up menu pop-up that are required in several situations, and that's completely solved IF you use the menu as explained.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 08:54:57 am by virtuali »

mnieuwhof

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 08:47:36 am »
Hi Umberto,

To achieve step 1 you have to click twice on the GSX button in the MSFS2020 toolbar...
When you close the GSX menu, you must click twice again in the MSFS2020 toolbar.
In other words, the GSX menu never (re)opens after you click twice on the GFX icon in the MSFS toolbar...

Thank you,

Marc

If you mean the GSX menu, you surely don't have to click it twice, if you use it correctly, as explained in the manual where the menu is explained, at Page 74:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.
Marc Nieuwhof
EHAM/EHTE

PeterZ KCLE EDDN

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 02:52:10 pm »
I just switched from P3D to MSFS and I’m experiencing the same.

Cheers,
Pete

NJFlyer606

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 05:50:55 pm »
If you're using Flow, try this add-on that creates a new shortcut you can add to your wheel.  This works flawlessly for me. I just have to click GSX once and it works everytime.

https://flightsim.to/file/46482/flow-gsx-launcher

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 10:23:24 pm »
To achieve step 1 you have to click twice on the GSX button in the MSFS2020 toolbar...

No, you don't. Not if you followed what I quoted from the manual.

You think you need to click twice, only because after your first opening with the mouse, you are trying to open it *again* with the mouse, and that's results in a double click, because if the menu closed normally (either by choosing an option, or because you closed it with the X, or because it timed out), it was still Active, with the toolbar highlighted, which is precisely what allows the menu to respond to the Hotkey.

But, if instead of following what the manual says:

Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.

You close it from the Toolbar ( ignoring the above recommendation ) then yes, of course you'll need a double click, one to close the Toolbar, another one to re-open it. The above sentence is written exactly to tell you how to prevent a double click.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 04:44:07 am »
I have personally experienced, and seen others also confirm this, that leaving GSX active in the toolbar causes clickspot and cursor issues, that are only present when GSX is active in the toolbar, and always go away when it is closed.

Is this a known issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 10:03:08 am »
I have personally experienced, and seen others also confirm this, that leaving GSX active in the toolbar causes clickspot and cursor issues, that are only present when GSX is active in the toolbar, and always go away when it is closed.

That's correct, and there's nothing we can do about it, the sim should probably stop listening to clicks when a toolbar window is hidden.

However it will only happen alongside what would have been the BORDER of the now hidden GSX menu, which is just a couple of pixel wide so, it's enough knowing that to find a place and a size where the GSX menu won't affect a particular airplane much.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 10:10:03 am »

Is this a known issue?

I have two issues with GSX Icon left active :
  • I always have two arrows cursor while typing on PMDG 737 FMC, have to desactivate to fix it
  • With Frame Gen Mod activated, the GSX Active icon seems like an invisible window that causes the whole sim ghosting after flying for a while, has to turn Frame gen Off / On to fix it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 11:16:25 pm »
I always have two arrows cursor while typing on PMDG 737 FMC, have to desactivate to fix it

It's enough to move the camera so the border which would have been visible if the menu was visible, would pass over the FMC. Or, when the menu is visible, move/resize the menu so it won't cover the FMC when it's not visible.

With Frame Gen Mod activated, the GSX Active icon

That's not a "mod", it's an hack, and it has so many other issues with EVERTYING that is menu/text on screen, that GSX is the least of the problems.