Author Topic: Multiple Errors  (Read 601 times)

airlinenicholas

Multiple Errors
« on: December 22, 2022, 10:09:51 pm »
Okay I have posted multiple times and am getting extremely frusturated as I getting couldn't find valid afcad I delete the files.bin and let it respawn and it is a fix for a short time. I also have gsx restart constantly before this and am also get if I click the warp me to gate it warps me in the middle of nowhere (i.e. At KJFK or Default KRSW it respawns me in the grass in between the runway and taxiway) I am uploading the zip file to hope it helps I have tried the antivirus to not scan and let the firewall bypass I am extremely frustrated as I have gotten nowhere. Also as a side note I am trying to get gsx to read the addon scenery and It is not doing that ca you help me configure the couatl to read my addon scenery file in fsx?
Nicholas Delvecchio

airlinenicholas

Re: Multiple Errors
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 07:59:45 am »
Okay I am going to split this up from my last one incase you didn't understand anything I have said.
1.anytime I would click a gate to warp to it would warp me to some random spot at the airport that wasn't a gate and was just between a runway and a taxiway.
2. I click rebuild cache and it comes up with regeneration failure. I have seen people say to delete the files.bin in the programdata and it only works for a short period of time before something else goes wrong. (zip file is above for any of these)
3. I was wondering if you can configure the addon scenery to read the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery" and all the folders in there.
Please make the first 2 a priority as this has o work first before I worry about the third issue
Nicholas Delvecchio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 10:34:28 am »
Your Couatl.INI file is messed up, you haven't placed each command on a new line as they should, and you have a duplicate logFile line so, first fix that.

1.anytime I would click a gate to warp to it would warp me to some random spot at the airport that wasn't a gate and was just between a runway and a taxiway.

This is caused by the wrong scenery loaded, usually due to confling sceneries, which can be checked by opening the scenery customization page.

3. I was wondering if you can configure the addon scenery to read the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Addon Scenery" and all the folders in there.

There's nothing to configure. GSX will use every Scenery Area listed in the Scenery.CFG file

2. I click rebuild cache and it comes up with regeneration failure. I have seen people say to delete the files.bin in the programdata and it only works for a short period of time before something else goes wrong. (zip file is above for any of these)

That error is either caused by the antivirus, or by having started the sim too quickly after closing a previous session, resulting in file locks from the previous session not being cleared by Windows. Try after a Windows restart.

airlinenicholas

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 08:03:46 pm »
Oh man I didn't see that I don't ever remember doing 2 of those thats my bad
Nicholas Delvecchio