Author Topic: This is a different problem  (Read 12077 times)

diceflo

This is a different problem
« on: March 03, 2010, 06:59:16 pm »
Hi, I have been enjoying your sceneries in fs2004 for years and love them. I have them all. Last night I bought FSX and of course reinstalled my airports at once. I downloaded the KJFK airport scenery and when I opened FSX I clicked the add on manager and saw that it is already in active status but I only see jetways and nothing else. I figured I did something wrong so I deleted it. I went to FSX to make sure it doesn't show up so I can try again. I noticed the scenery was still active but I uninstalled it, why am I seeing it listed as installed. I redowloaded the scenery and tried to install again, but I keep getting the same result. I noticed a lot of people are having a problem with the coutal file or something like that and I hope that's not my problem. I also tried manually adding the scenery into FSX but that didn't work either. All my sliders are to the right and everything seems good but it doesn't seem like it. When I used fs 2004 it was so easy to reinstall but with this, I am stumped. I am also worried because I also bought KFLL, LSZH, KLAS, KORD, LSGG, and planning on buying PHNL. I really need your help. I am now lucky enough to have a good computer to see your scenery in all it's glory but all I see is jetways, but they look awesome!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: This is a different problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:47 pm »
The usual questions:

- Do you see BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl script engine menus ?

If not, it's most likely an Antivirus problem, the usual suggestion is always this, please follow it exactly, don't skip any step:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

diceflo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »
Hi, no I don't have the coutal file showing only the add on manager. I edited my anti virus to skip the fsx file when scanning. I scanned and then did what you said and I still don't see anything but jetways. Is this going to be the case for all of the sceneries or only KJFK? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:16:55 pm »
I edited my anti virus to skip the fsx file when scanning.

This is one step, but that's not enough. You ALSO need to have the antivirus turned entirely OFF when installing, otherwise the installer will not be able to uncompress it from the temporary folder to the destination.

Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus entirely turned off. And, reboot Windows before reinstalling.

diceflo

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:58 am »
Well I tried to install KORD and so far, I am able to get the ground terrain to show and some cargo buildings but still not seeing the terminals. Back at KJFK I am still seeing no buildings but I can see the ground. So I'm getting there and I am now going to try to reboot the computer. Wish me luck.

diceflo

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »
Still no luck, I need help with the bglmanx program. I was able to configure the coutal file in the windows 7 firewall, but I can't find where the bglmax program is and how do I allow it like the coutal program. Can you tell me what file I need to show the terminals, because it looks like everything else is showing. Is it because I didn't fiddle with the bglmanx program? Does that file control the terminal buildings. Thanks 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 05:57:33 pm »
I was able to configure the coutal file in the windows 7 firewall

The Windows firewall doesn't have anything to do with this. I've said to configure the Antivirus.  Please, read again the previous post carefully and follow the instructions to the letter.

diceflo

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 06:17:35 pm »
I already turned off the antivirus and it didn't work. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled and never get the message to trust the software when I restart FSX. Can you tell me why some things show up in Chicago?, am I going in the right direction. What is the file that contains the terminals, maybe I just need that file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 08:18:10 pm »
You are not missing any file. As I've said, you should be able to see both the Addon Manager AND the Couatl plugins menu.

If you don't see the trust request, it might be normal, if you already trusted it once, or it might be the cause of the problem. Or, it might be that you mistakenly replied NO to the trust question.

It's possible to reset the trust question this way:

- Open your FSX.CFG file with Notepad. To find the file, it's enough to type exactly this:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

In the White area the opens when you press the button with the Windows logo, then press Enter.

- The folder that contains FSX.CFG will open. Right click on it, and choose to Open it with Notepad

- Look under the [Trusted] section, and remove ALL the lines that contains a reference to bglmanx.dll OR a reference to Couatl.exe. Delete the whole line.

- Save the file.

- Launch FSX

- At the request to trust the Addon Manager, reply YES, to both questions, the one by Windows and the one by FSX itself.

- At the request to trust the Couatl Script Engine, reply YES, to both questions, the one by Windows and the one by FSX itself.

Please, note if you are getting both questions.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:20:38 pm by virtuali »

diceflo

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:08 pm »
Ok, here is what I did. I followed you instructions exactly. I loaded FSX and it did ask if I wanted to trust the add on manager and I answered yes then the trust virtuali software question came up and I said yes, the couatl question never came up. The addon manager shows in the window but no couatl. Is that the problem? the couatl program is causing all this? is there something that fixes this. I did discover something maybe important when I open the fsdream folder and see the couatl folder, I can see the couatl exe program. If I click on it, then it says that it is not compatable with 64 bit and I should check with the software to see if a 64 bit installer exists. I am still seeing only jetways and ground. What should I do now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 12:00:49 am »
the couatl question never came up.

If you are SURE that you removed all the couatl.exe lines in the FSX.CFG ( please, verify this ), then this might be the problem.

After you are absolutely sure that you have removed ALL the lines under the [Trusted] section in the FSX.CFG that contained a reference to the couatl.exe file, and still you don't get the trust question, then it might be a problem of your EXE.XML.

But, you should have seen a warning by the installer, alerting you the file had a problem, and asked if you wanted to create a new one from scratch ? Have you seen this message ? Have you replied YES to the question about creating a new EXE.XML file ?

diceflo

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 06:24:21 am »
I did see something like that come up when I first installed. I gave the ok to create or fix it. I had never had a problem with all the sceneries in fs2004 so I just went through the regular motions. If this is the problem (exe.xml) then you are may be on to something and if so how can I fix that? Also does it matter when I click on couatl that it says not compatable with 64bit? I really appreciate you trying calmly to help me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 09:26:29 am »
I did see something like that come up when I first installed. I gave the ok to create or fix it.

If you are not seeing now, it means you haven't removed all the istances of the couatl.exe in the FSX.CFG file. Please, be absolutely sure to have done this because, if you are not doing correctly, I can't understand if your problem is the XML file or something else.

- Open your FSX.CFG file with Notepad. To find the file, it's enough to type exactly this:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

In the White area the opens when you press the button with the Windows logo, then press Enter.

- The folder that contains FSX.CFG will open. Right click on it, and choose to Open it with Notepad

- Look under the [Trusted] section, and remove ALL the lines that contains a reference to bglmanx.dll OR a reference to Couatl.exe. Delete the whole line.

- Save the file.

- Launch FSX

I had never had a problem with all the sceneries in fs2004

The scenery don't have any problem.

The problem is that FSX requires to Trust executable, while FS2004 doesn't, and sometimes the Trust mechanism have problems, and FSX requires modules to be added to the XML files, while FS2004 simply requires you put them into the modules folders, and the XML files can sometimes become corrupted, usually because other installers.

If this is the problem (exe.xml) then you are may be on to something and if so how can I fix that?

Before doing this, I need to be sure you have removed the couatl.exe lines from the FSX.CFG and, after that, you ARE getting the Trust question again.

Also does it matter when I click on couatl that it says not compatable with 64bit? I really appreciate you trying calmly to help me.

This might be or not a problem, but first do what I've asked, please. Two things that can create this issue are either your Antivirus that hasn't been properly configured to exclude the couatl.exe from scanning OR that you are run FSX into XP Compatibility mode, which shouldn't be done.

diceflo

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 08:54:14 pm »
Ok here's where I stand. I took out all the lines in the fsx cfg related to couatl and bglmanx. I triple checked to make sure nothing showed. I deleted the scenery and even restarted the computer. I loaded up FSX and sure enough I got all the questions about allowing and trusting the two programs. I of course said yes to everything and the game loaded. I am still only seeing add on manager in the menus but no couatl and everything shows in KORD but the terminal buildings. Amazing isn't it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 10:16:16 pm »
I loaded up FSX and sure enough I got all the questions about allowing and trusting the two programs.

Finally.

I am still only seeing add on manager in the menus but no couatl and everything shows in KORD but the terminal buildings. Amazing isn't it?

As I've said, if you don't see both menus, it's just normal you don't see the buildings. Just to be sure, have you tried another time, not doing anything, except a Windows reboot ?

If still doesn't work after a Windows reboot, check if you have this file:

Couatl.err

Inside this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

If you have it, post its content