Author Topic: GSX disappearing from addon menu after moving to a new customized parking place  (Read 973 times)

fowler

Hi Humberto,

After I finally managed to customize a parking position (FMEE from FSDG) including correcting door placements for cargo/stairs for CS767 it seems the GSX boarding is a hit & miss thing. Sometimes it works sometime it doesn't as immediately after requesting boarding nothing happens and GSX has disappeared from the addon menu (including COUATL menu so no restart possible). Latest corrections made to the parking position/aircraft was set pax doors as "unchecked for open/close as I had spurious messages about one of the door. I had spurious GSX messages about opening the rear pax door but it was already opened and two pax bus had already been loaded trough that door. SO I hope to get rid of that by specifying all doors as "unchecked" for open/close state.

I usually load a flight to the active runway then use GSX to warp me to this customized parking place. After I switch off engines I call boarding service. GSX tells me boarding requested but nothing happens and the GSX/Couatl menu has disappearded from the ADDOn menu ?

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please enable logging in the troubleshooting section of the GSX settings, and post a log made after GSX disappears from the menu. ZIP the log and Attach it to a post.

fowler

I just did try again in P3D now, had the boarding "cancelled" but the error file found is dated hours before so it might be relevant to this morning event. The second file seems to correspond to the last event so I am esnding both.

Thanks for looking this up, it drives me crazy. The thing is sometimes I manage to get the boarding working, but I can't trace any action I do that would garantee it. It is mostly a random thing for me at this point.

fowler

It seems loading the default aircraft helped a bit at FMEE, before loading the CS767 as I was then able to complete the boarding process. It would be a welcomed walkaround if I could test many more times to check if is indeed  avoiding crashing GSX when boarding, but unfornutalety :

I have now another issue, more serious : I just customized a gate at LFPO from Design Jetstream because first of all SODE jetways from the scenery were removed and no new jetway were added (I presume GSX2 removed them as the studio told me their scenery have SODE jetways)

So I almost completely customized one gate including a new GSX jetway but just when I wanted to customize the parking system (pole grey xx) GSX crashed and now I can't even start P3D anymore. I get a error message about"the Couatl Scripting Engine has occured an unrecoverable error and will be restarted - Pls run life update"  I did run live update and reinstalled last update (it was already installed) but everytime I start P3D I get this error message amd GSX crash ?

Now I am stuck, so what should I do ?

fowler

A follow up : contrary to what I wrote juste above I get this error message when starting P3D only at LFPO. I quit doing anything at LFPO pending resolution of this constant GSX crash now.

In between time I wanted to see if I could still continue to customize airport, and I went to FMEE to try customizing a parking with jetways, as they apparently don't work now with P3D5.3 pending a HF (was already the case with 5.2 and it was solved by a HF but now appear again with 5.3 wff ?)

After playing with the parking customization, specifically correcting the stop distance and various equipment location, I clicked the don't display jetway as the one from the scenery still show. If I do not click this Don't display jetway I have two jetways displaying, the one from the scenery and the new one created by GSX.

The one from the scenery do not work with Ctl-J (not sure this was how they were supposed to work) but in GSX I got the message that the jetway can't work (or something like that) - Now I want to replace the original jetway with the GSX jetway, and see if it works (I had just done that at LFPO anf found one jetway model that would work (num 5 to test) but I am stuck again because GSX now crash everytime I start at this parking place.

I customized the stop distance but when I use the warp me there method the plane is well forward from that stop, and anything I do GSX is now crashing also.

So now GSX is crashing both at LFPO and FMEE - luckily I was able to customize a parking spot at LSGG (from FSDT :-) but I have to sy that the jetway was working good since the beginning.

fowler

It seems most of the issue I had at FMEE were linked to not activated SODE entries with this scenery. Based on their technical support answer I downloaded and executed the little SODE app that add a SODE tab in their sceneries configurator app. After installing this app I opened the scenery config and there was this new page about SODE and FMEE was showing activated.

Once done it seems I don't get anymore GSX crash  :D and I'm able to customize the various parking spots - So I hope this is the same kind of issue I have with LFPO also - will report

Regards

fowler

So FMEE is considered solved at this time, but for LFPO I constantly get this "the Couatl Scripting Engine has occured an unrecoverable error and will be restarted - Pls run life update" as soon as I get into the place. I did reinstall the scenery because I suspected something was wrong (aka no jetways displaying) and now I have the SODE jetways from the scenery showing and working trough the SODE menu, but unfortunately GSX is still crashing ? Bummer because the SODE jetway is way to high on the plane and I would like to correct this with GSX.

Umberto ?