Author Topic: P3D AND MSFS2020  (Read 860 times)

quentcor

P3D AND MSFS2020
« on: October 13, 2022, 05:40:09 pm »
Hello Umberto,
I have been reading some of the very unkind remarks by one or two users in this forum, no doubt triggered by their acute frustration. I have also seen your comments regarding ongoing support for P3D and I was wondering if the time has perhaps come for you to separate the updates for the two sims. You say there is a lot of stuff common to both sims and I guess separating them would mean a great deal of duplication in your data base. However, it might be necessary preparatory work before curtailing support for P3D, if this is your ultimate intention.

I believe there would be some value for P3D users to have a 'fallback' in the updates to which they could revert in times of need. In the current situation where an update seems to have caused very many problems for some users, they may prefer to revert to an earlier version of GSX, which was to a very large extent trouble free, although not inclusive of recent changes, while waiting for problems to be resolved. This would mean having an additional section in your downloads containing the setup files dating back for ,say, 6 months.

I still have GSX setup files dating back to January, 2020, in my downloads folder and I have tried to use the more recent ones, but the automatic update, which proceeds after installation, overwrites the earlier files and the problematic issues are thus imported. This could perhaps be resolved by changing the update to manual, so it could be ignored when necessary.

The intricacies involved are beyond my understanding, but if the foregoing suggestions are in any way achievable, I believe a great deal of stress on all sides might be avoided.

Regards,
Quentin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D AND MSFS2020
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 10:31:14 am »
There are no plans to separate GSX from P3D, because it's just not possible to separate it. The code IS mostly the same, like 95% the same. There's no other option other than finding the places in which the differences are not handled correctly.

zhensanmao

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 12:01:53 pm »
I purchased P3D's GSX, GSX GSX level 2. Recently purchased GSX PRO again. However, after updating today, I found that P3D's GSX cannot be used. Do they conflict, I have posted the problem on the forum

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28255.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 01:44:54 pm »
I purchased P3D's GSX, GSX GSX level 2. Recently purchased GSX PRO again. However, after updating today, I found that P3D's GSX cannot be used. Do they conflict, I have posted the problem on the forum

There's not conflict whatsoever between GSX and GSX Pro, there are just a few things that need to be fixed left and, according to this user:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28129.0.html

Other than those, everything works as expected.