Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 149782 times)

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 7th 2022
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2022, 04:43:17 pm »
Is the pushback stuck issue back again?
Just want to do a push, and nothing is happening after selecting the direction I want to push.

Already restarted Couatl twice .(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2022, 05:06:53 pm »
Doesn't happen here, just tried it now so, I guess you should provide a complete report of:

- the airplane used

- the scenery used

- which pushback truck came out

- if the parking is customized

- if the pushback is customized

- if every direction is the same: Left, Right, QuickEdit and Straight.

santiagomontoya77

« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2022, 04:07:51 am »
Hey Umberto,

My audio keeps acting weird. Sometimes, when I access the session, I check the settings and the Audio tab says there's no device set and volume is back to full(looks default.) Sometimes it looks normal(the device I've selected and the right volume value). Sometimes I can hear the outside activity and the voices and all of a sudden, silent. My Live Update does not work so I used the offline uninstaller.

Any suggestions?

jkanold

Re: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 21st 2022
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2022, 03:07:57 pm »
Nice work on  Last update Sept. 21st 2022
Love this Addon
Still wish the Catering Truck's doors opened and closed 3X faster, and that the guy only delivers and returns 2X not 3X

BTW, "Reset Position' crashes the Couttl engine "Reposition Aircraft" does not
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 03:13:23 pm by jkanold »

mmcmah

« Reply #154 on: September 22, 2022, 05:10:45 pm »
Thank you for continuing to update the Offline Installer! Not only is its download and installation a lot quicker than running the Installer/Updater that gets installed with the program, but I am still getting a lot of downloaded files every time I run that one. I guess I should give up on the fact that my node is ever going to be up to date and I will continue to look for the offline installer.

Thank you again!

hawkhero

« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2022, 07:28:11 pm »
Not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded the offline installer. I run the exe. and I see the notes change log, then I install it. After that nothing happens. Should there be a icon for the offline addon manager? I looked through the addon files and found nothing. No updated manual.

Pilotpete1

« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2022, 10:27:04 pm »
You do know that the pushback is now not working properly especailly with the FBW.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 09:36:48 am by virtuali »

airbumps

« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2022, 02:21:20 am »
Hi Umberto,

Two questions if I may,

1. For how much longer is the offline installer expected to be needed? Have you the cloud fire nod3s been updated now? I would have thought by now GSX was able to update itself from the cloud.

2. Any ETA on when you might have GSX available for sale on SimMarket?

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: September 23, 2022, 09:39:19 am »
1. For how much longer is the offline installer expected to be needed? Have you the cloud fire nod3s been updated now? I would have thought by now GSX was able to update itself from the cloud.

We can't possibly know when each one of the 275+ nodes will get all the updated, I think most of them should have by now but precisely since we can't possibly know, the Offline installer will be kept updated.

2. Any ETA on when you might have GSX available for sale on SimMarket?

We'll likely offer it to 3rd parties after adding the new Navdata API that will make it compatible with every scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2022, 09:41:21 am »
You do know that the pushback is now not working properly especailly with the FBW.

The pushback works perfectly fine and nothing in this update changed anything. It would be best if you opened a new thread, with a proper title, and made a precise report with reproduction steps.

hawkhero

« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2022, 10:08:01 am »
I ran the offline addon manager. I then ran the live update. It updated GSX Pro. I ran the live update again and it updated the same thing again. Sorry, But i'm kind of confused if I am updating GSX the correct way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2022, 10:10:31 am »
I ran the offline addon manager. I then ran the live update. It updated GSX Pro. I ran the live update again and it updated the same thing again. Sorry, But i'm kind of confused if I am updating GSX the correct way?

Not possible to help you with such a generic description of the problem. What "updated the same thing again" means ?

As explained in the first post, SOME files are SUPPOSED to be always downloaded, without this being an indication of the problem. You might have a problem with your local node only if files OTHER than the one indicated in the first post are being downloaded over and over. If that's the case, then you should run the Offline installer last.

hawkhero

« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2022, 10:31:45 am »
I ran the live update.exe 3 times with the same results. It updates GSX PRO. I just ran MSFS and GSX works fine except it will not connect to Simbrief. Also what date is the updated manual? The one I see is 13 Sept. 2022.
Thanks,
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 10:33:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #163 on: September 23, 2022, 10:37:04 am »
I ran the live update.exe 3 times with the same results

"Same result" is not any clearer than "updated the same thing again". Have you read my previous explanation about SOME files are SUPPOSED to be always downloaded, without this being an indication of a problem ?

It updates GSX PRO. I just ran MSFS and GSX works fine except it will not connect to Simbrief.

That doesn't mean you haven't updated but, most likely, you don't have a flight plan or placed the wrong username in it. This update will just fix a crash that previously happened in this situation. If you don't get a crash but, instead, a text message telling you about the problem under the "Reload SimBrief" button, then you HAVE the latest update.

Also what date is the updated manual? The one I see is 13 Sept. 2022.

Since the previous one was date August, then yes, you DO have the latest manual, it's just the manual was ready a week before the rest of the update but, obviously, we couldn't release the updated manual before the update itself: THAT would have been confusing.

hawkhero

« Reply #164 on: September 23, 2022, 10:48:30 am »
Thanks for the help. I forgot to run the flight plan with Simbrief. It works fine now. Everything seems to work great in the sim. Thanks for a great product!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 11:11:45 am by virtuali »