Author Topic: OFFLINE installer for the latest updates - Last Update March 21st 2024  (Read 145903 times)

moxiejeff

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - Offline installer for the latest updates
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2022, 05:56:33 pm »
Thanks @Umberto for getting us new people added into the forums. This is much appreciated. I've also had issues w/ my node not updating as it downloads the same files each time, so I'll just stay with offline installer for now.

Any ideas if the nodes will get rectified (I'm in Dallas, TX for what its worth) or will this be an issue for a while?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2022, 06:18:50 pm »
Somethings really bugging the FSDT Live Update app. It always crashes at step 1 of 37 at 99% download of the fueltruck.cfg something. This is with firewall and AV turned off and running the app as admin.

Are you sure it's crashing, not just quitting because it has finished ? Unless you have *ALL* FSDT products installer, you'll never see all steps performed, and after the last product (installed) has been checked for update, it will quit with no errors.

A crash would give some obvious error codes.

senchay

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2022, 08:11:05 pm »
Sorry, ive read through the whole post but for whatever reason i still didnt understand anything. Better said, i just want to be sure we talk about the same.

If you say

"This would sometimes (not always) appear as the Live Updater trying to downloading the same files over and over, which is not a bug, is in fact an indication the Live Updater is working, because it knows your files are old, it tries to download the new ones, but it get served with the same version, so it tries again the next time, and again."

Are we talking about the update of the live updater itself, or the update process of GSX Pro?

Because there are both things, if i see that correct. On iveupdater start it (sometimes) updates itself. But obviously GSX Pro has another check for updates.

And the Liveupdater doesnt download any new files, for itself. But it still does so today for GSX. Im in Germany.

gotzfunk

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2022, 08:26:38 pm »
I've never had a nod issue when trying to update any program before.   I bought GSX on day one and it's still updating the same files over and over again.  I must say this has been a very frustrating and strange user experience.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2022, 08:36:39 pm »
Are we talking about the update of the live updater itself, or the update process of GSX Pro?

As far as GSX Pro is concerned, they do the same. But the Live Update updates all products, so maybe the ones outdated which downloads over and over ( if this is the case for you ), are for another product.

And the Liveupdater doesnt download any new files, for itself. But it still does so today for GSX.

Then it means your node is not updated yet, are you know referring to GSX or GSX Pro ?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 10:14:24 pm by virtuali »

Kamesh

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2022, 09:40:20 pm »
Hi,

About the 737-800 profiles, there is any possibilites to get the profile done for the 737-800BCF and 737-800BDSF ?

Thx for the reponse.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2022, 10:14:53 pm »
About the 737-800 profiles, there is any possibilites to get the profile done for the 737-800BCF and 737-800BDSF ?

Already asked, already answered, yes.

Kamesh

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2022, 10:49:15 pm »
Already asked, already answered, yes.

Thx mate !

senchay

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2022, 12:10:02 am »

As far as GSX Pro is concerned, they do the same. But the Live Update updates all products, so maybe the ones outdated which downloads over and over ( if this is the case for you ), are for another product.

And the Liveupdater doesnt download any new files, for itself. But it still does so today for GSX.

Then it means your node is not updated yet, are you know referring to GSX or GSX Pro ?

Im sorry, i mixed up some words here and there. :-) No way to understand what i really meant. I think im also not sure about the wording of each component. If we talk about Addonmanager, is that the whole app, including liveupdater and installer or is the "Addon Manager" only the installer. Probably weird question, sorry ^^

I didnt really mean liveupdater, not sure why i wrote that word. What i mean is, are we speaking here about the update of the Addonmanager (or Installer) itself, or the update of GSX Pro?

If i simply start the "Installer", i assume there is also some form of update check and a possible update of this installer app itself? So are we talking about this app (the installer/addonmanager) in this topic, or do we talk about the update of GSX Pro?

I ask this because im wondering what to do now. Maybe i think too complicated.

If i start the installer, nothing is happening. No update r something. But then, inside the installer, if i press the update button of GSX Pro, then it will always download some files. Often the same.

So is this download provide here for me to use?

Sorry for the confusion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2022, 01:28:45 am »
If i start the installer, nothing is happening. No update r something.

That's normal. That's a difference between starting is as an Update or as an Installer ( remember, it's the *same* program! ), is that Install doesn't do anything unless you said so ( other than possibly update *itself*  ), the Live Update is 100% equivalent as starting the Installer and Clicking "Update ALL".

But then, inside the installer, if i press the update button of GSX Pro, then it will always download some files. Often the same.[//quote]

That's the situation I tried to describe so many times I lost count: yes, if the same files are downloaded over and over, your local node is not updated, so you need to use the Offline installer.

sumnersd

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2022, 07:11:48 am »
What a waste of money! Will uninstall. Chalk it up to experience.  Shame on you people.

Pilotpete1

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2022, 10:05:35 am »
So I have downloaded the addon manager and now I am running the appliction - executible file.  Am I right that its taking over an hour to download the the whole update?  Thanks  Pete
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 10:33:57 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2022, 10:35:03 am »
What a waste of money! Will uninstall. Chalk it up to experience.  Shame on you people.

It would have been more useful, to you and to others, to say something about the *actual* problems you are having, because the only reason for this forum to exist, is to HELP YOU (and others), to fix those.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2022, 10:37:20 am »
So I have downloaded the addon manager and now I am running the appliction - executible file.  Am I right that its taking over an hour to download the the whole update?

You mean the Offline installer ? It's completely offline, it doesn't download anything, it only copies some files to the installation folder, should take less than a minute.

Or, you mean it took an hour to download the executable *itself*, that's strange, we have two mirrors, one on Google another on Mediafire, they are supposed to be very fast, it's only a 120MB file.

Deltaflight84

« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2022, 10:41:35 am »
The support of PMDG 737-800 Cargo versions and BBJ2, is included in that profile that you added?