Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75962 times)

Abass

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2023, 05:19:15 pm »
Also I’ve tried the log followed instructions but nothing came back after restarting the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2023, 06:22:43 pm »
So should I download the universal installer then the offline installer??

Always run the Online update first, then the Offline installer but ONLY if you suspect your cloudflare node is not up to date, the instructions in the Sticky thread of Offline installer explains what you need to look for to recognize this is your case.

Also I’ve tried the log followed instructions but nothing came back after restarting the engine.

With "after restarting the engine", you mean it looks the program is running ( its icon appears in the Windows Tray bar notification area ), if you don't see a log, you must have done something wrong enabling the log. The Sticky thread about "How to report an error", contains a pre-made Couatl_MSFS.INI file that is surely correct, so you only need to place it in the correct folder ( %APPDATA%\Virtuali ) and a log will be generated.

If, instead, the Couatl engine hasn't even started ( no icon in the tray bar ), that would explain why you don't have a log, and this problem is almost invariably caused by the antivirus, so you need to do as follows:

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the Antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

Abass

« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2023, 07:38:32 pm »
Well I’ve added a few folders to my exclusion list related to gsx. Also when I click on the engine icon I does appear in the tray briefly then disappears.

Abass

« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2023, 07:40:24 pm »
I didn’t run the live updater after reinstalling gsx to 2.5.1 so I’m supposed to run the live updater after?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #394 on: April 16, 2023, 09:58:10 am »
I didn’t run the live updater after reinstalling gsx to 2.5.1 so I’m supposed to run the live updater after?

Installing will always update to the latest version. Where is your log ?

Abass

« Reply #395 on: April 16, 2023, 01:36:39 pm »
I reinstalled yet again and version 2.5.2 updated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #396 on: April 16, 2023, 02:20:40 pm »
I reinstalled yet again and version 2.5.2 updated

Which means ? Is your error fixed ? If not, where is your log again ?

Abass

« Reply #397 on: April 17, 2023, 12:27:36 am »
No it’s not fixed will try again

Abass

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2023, 07:52:34 pm »
There was a newer update after installing yet again. This log method didn’t work I followed your instructions and yet came blank just showing airport cache=O don’t know what that means

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2023, 09:05:41 am »
There was a newer update after installing yet again. This log method didn’t work I followed your instructions and yet came blank just showing airport cache=O don’t know what that means

You haven't follow my instructions, which were to just download the pre-made Couatl_MSFS.INI file from this thread, which surely DOES contain the logFile=Couatl.log file line and NO airport cache line so, if you have something else, you are not using pre-made .INI file which has been posted here on the first post, precisely for the reason to prevent anybody from making mistakes editing it.

Abass

« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2023, 03:37:06 pm »
Please don’t be so defensive I’m frustrated as well not being able to use your product over a month. Maybe you can assist me on pc at this point. I did use the pre made one here added to the Virtuali folder ran the sim without turning on the gsx and exit the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #401 on: April 21, 2023, 11:07:16 am »
I did use the pre made one here added to the Virtuali folder

I'm replying according to your own report. You said your file contained this line:

airport cache=0

The one you download from this thread contains this line instead:

logFile=Couatl.log

So, clearly, you haven't used the one you downloaded. Or, you are not looking at the correct file. If you don't disable the "hide extension for known file types" option from the View menu in Windows Explorer, it's easy to get confused which file is which.

Abass

« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2023, 02:06:07 pm »
hopefully i zipped this correctly

Abass

« Reply #403 on: April 22, 2023, 02:08:18 pm »
Hopefully this it it

DC10Driver

« Reply #404 on: April 22, 2023, 09:41:21 pm »
Hate to tag on in the middle of a conversation but I'm not having any luck getting GSX to open up in MSFS presently.  Every time I select GSX from the menu, I get a pop p box that basically says "please wait" and nothing else.  Attached is the log that I believe I've copied and zipped per earlier instructions.  Any help would be appreciated.