Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75915 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #360 on: March 27, 2023, 10:36:08 am »
Couple of issues - since update 12 couatle doesn't seem to be starting with MSFS and has to be loaded separately.

If it starts manually, the problem doesn't have anything to do with it, since the automatic startup is not under our control. There's a thread about this:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

Second, and again since update 12 - GSX cant seem to find my simbrief even though it's all entered correctly and was previously working fine.

No problem either. It would be best if you said exactly which error you got when reloading Simbrief, which would help understanding your problem.

dotron73

« Reply #361 on: March 27, 2023, 03:31:37 pm »
The errors are "couatl engine hasn't started" when loading the sim.  Secondly my simbrief profile gives an error although it is definitely correct.  Both things are happening post update 12.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #362 on: March 27, 2023, 03:34:28 pm »
The errors are "couatl engine hasn't started" when loading the sim

Which is why I asked if it started manually instead, to understand if it's not starting at all, or it's not starting automatically, pointing to the correct thread if that's the case.

Secondly my simbrief profile gives an error although it is definitely correct. 

Which is why I asked which error you got when reloading Simbrief, which would help understanding your problem.

dotron73

« Reply #363 on: March 27, 2023, 03:53:01 pm »
It doesnt start automatically since the update.

As for simbrief, The red box says "Reload simbrief"  and below it says "Can't connect to simbrief"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #364 on: March 27, 2023, 04:34:31 pm »
It doesnt start automatically since the update.

Which is why, I said it starts manually, the problem doesn't have anything to do with it, since the automatic startup is not under our control, and you can see more informations about the thread I've linked.

As for simbrief, The red box says "Reload simbrief"  and below it says "Can't connect to simbrief"

That can be caused by:

- A firewall blocking the connection from GSX to Simbrief. Be sure no firewall is doing that, eventually disable it entirely, if only to confirm the problem is the firewall.

- A momentary issue on Simbrief

- Your Simbrief username not set correctly. It must be your username ( also called Alias ), not the Pilot ID ( the number )

- An expired flight plan. Simbrief keeps the last generated plan only a few days, then it expires, so you need to generate it again.

Filipe

« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2023, 01:48:59 pm »
Im having this problem and I want to fix it
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 01:51:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2023, 01:51:41 pm »

You posted the wrong file, instead of the log, you posted the file that enables it.

waltsky01

« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2023, 08:49:34 pm »
Same problem as the post title.
I already released the folders and files in the anti virus and in the firewall, as taught. I already reinstalled 4 times.
But the error continues, the GSX does not open in my msfs and always presents the error: "Couatl engine has not start".
the log file did not generate anything in my view, so I also sent the folder "Couatl".
I also don't know where to download the offline installer.

Filipe

« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2023, 09:51:15 pm »

You posted the wrong file, instead of the log, you posted the file that enables it.

What about this one?

Ankh

« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2023, 01:08:50 pm »
Well, this piece of software never stops to amaze me... since my switch to Windows 11, I never had any issues anymore with Couatl engine not being started along MSFS. But now, since some days, it never (!) fires up anymore and guess what, nothing changed except installing the updates for GSX and of course keeping my Windows up to date.

While it worked before when I unselected "Windows 8 compatibility mode", it has no effect anymore. While it was an issue with exe.xml entries prior my switch to Windows 11, it never was anymore after switching and now back to field 1.

What a bummer...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2023, 11:34:20 am »
Well, this piece of software never stops to amaze me...

It would be helpful to know what do you mean, exactly, with "some days" and, most importantly, if it starts normally when you start it manually.

Because if the issue is "just" it doesn't start automatically, but starts normally, it can't be a Couatl engine problem, since we don't have any control over how the simulator starts ( or fails to ) start the program. Either your EXE.XML includes it or it doesn't. But even if your EXE.XML is correct, there are still issues with it that can prevent it to start automatically, which all have their own proper thread here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

So, if this is really your problem, then you should have posted there, not here, because this is the thread where the program doesn't start at all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #371 on: April 03, 2023, 11:35:57 am »
What about this one?

You made exactly the same mistake, and sent the .INI file that enables logging, instead of the actual LOG file, you just renamed it and zipped it, but it's still the wrong file, because you basically sent the same file we posted there, not the log that will be produced by it.

Filipe

« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2023, 10:03:42 pm »
Whats the file im suposed to be looking at?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2023, 11:32:40 pm »
You made several mistakes and copies of the same file, sometimes as a folder, sometimes as a text, sometimes as an ini, and your Windows explorer configured to not show file extensions makes it a bit harder to recognize which is which so, first thing to do, would be configuring Explorer to show the full filename, as explained here:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-hidden-file-extensions-in-Windows.html

And redo the screenshot.

Filipe

« Reply #374 on: April 04, 2023, 02:12:21 am »
Ahh, I got it now I think
I ziped the saying .log