Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75962 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2022, 02:15:53 pm »
edit: When I open the FSDT Universal Installer, it shows GSX Pro with a 'Deactivate' button, doesn't that mean that it is activated/licensed?

Your problem is caused by your user account you run MSFS with not having admin rights, it can be fixed this way:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27275.msg178950.html#msg178950

tbaac

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2022, 07:04:47 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto

I have tried that now thank you, but unfortunately I still get the issue.
I've attached the log in case it helps.

I have run the command that you gave, in a non-admin command prompt.
I entered the license key and closed it.
When I open it again it says "Your license is activated".
But as above, it still says "Warp to Trial Mode Airport" when I start GSX.
I have restarted GSX a few times, and also tried deactivating GSX as the admin user (using the installer) and then activating as the normal user.
It still gives the same behaviour.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2022, 08:41:22 pm »
I have tried that now thank you, but unfortunately I still get the issue.

Please confirm you did exactly as indicated in that post:

Try this, open a command prompt in the Addon Manager folder, and type this:

qlmlicenseWizard /settings "GSX Pro 3.0.lw.xml"

You should see the QLM License Wizard starting, use that to activate and be sure it completes successfully. As you can see in the linked thread, this worked for that user who also ran it using a non-admin account.

tbaac

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2022, 10:58:29 pm »
Thanks, yeah I was really hopeful that it would work.

As you say, it showed licensing wizard.  Initially it didn't show it as licensed but after I entered the code it did show it as licensed.
However, in the sim it still shows as the trial version.

I've tried deactivating it and then activating it again in the license wizard.

When I start the FSDT Installer, it shows as deactivated for the admin user, is that okay?
As above, for the normal user it shows as activated in the license wizard.

But still running in demo mode.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2022, 11:06:25 pm »
I've tried deactivating it and then activating it again in the license wizard.

When I start the FSDT Installer, it shows as deactivated for the admin user, is that okay?

You must activate it with both: with the FSDT Installer, which runs as admin, and with the QLM License Wizard, which runs as a normal user.

abhigyan

« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2022, 11:39:43 am »
respected dev
yesterday i moved frm win 11 to win 10 beacuse im able to work gsx with phenix where as not able to work with pmdg atall after tried tricks said here ,also submitted mi files in the forum. after i move to win 10 it works with pmdg,but when i start today same problem started i did nt touch any thing.in this process i exusted my lic 5 times.what is the prob i dont understand beacuse it works with phinix. please help me out.and when my activition code excide to whom to write to increase my limt and  attaching files
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 11:44:39 am by abhigyan »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2022, 12:54:47 pm »
yesterday i moved frm win 11 to win 10 beacuse im able to work gsx with phenix where as not able to work with pmdg atall

I don't know what you did by "moving" from Windows 11 to 10, which might be fairly complex, but I assure you it was completely unnecessary, since GSX works perfectly fine with the Fenix and the PMDG in both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

You said you "exusted my lic 5 times", when reinstalling the OS you should have consumed only ONE, have you done this 5 times already ? Why ?

However, that's not a problem, since you can Deactivate on your own at any time, reclaiming your activations, and if you do it from the Self-Help site linked on the FAQ page of the  site, you can Deactivate even a previous Windows installation or a computer you don't have anymore.

abhigyan

« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2022, 02:05:51 pm »
respected devloper
in windows 11 i did activate 3 times without deactivating but the system is same .but mine not working for pmdg beacuse everytime it says please stop the engine to use gsx bot not incase of phenix  yuo can sea it in my log in india using steam.please i cant understand why.sorry for that
thanks for reply 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2022, 02:29:14 pm »
Nothing in the OS configuration can possibly affect engine on detection, and surely not the license.

Please be sure you are using the correct airplane profile which comes with GSX and remove any custom profiles you might have done in the meantime, by using the RESET button in the airplane config editor.

abhigyan

« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2022, 03:13:10 pm »
respected dev
thanks for the reply. i tried this when i press reset and then discard changes the window just close never give any chance to save. and i am having two couatl updater and sencond is 2 is this normal and moreover what my log says it has a entry stop the engine to use gsx
sorry for the q once again thanks for the reply

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2022, 03:25:33 pm »
If you replied to revert all your customization, and now see only "internal GSX database", it means the profile has been removed.

Cheesburger2590

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2022, 03:35:07 pm »
Hello, I just installed GSX in offline mode and I don't have the GSX icon under MSFS. Antivirus disabled, link present in the Community and administrator mode to launch the couatl64_msfs file. Do you help me please ?

Thanks you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2022, 03:59:08 pm »
Hello, I just installed GSX in offline mode

What do you mean with "offline mode" ? You can install GSX in Offline mode, you can only Update it with the Offline installer, but first you need to install it normally.

Cheesburger2590

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2022, 04:08:25 pm »
First, I installed FSDT universal Installer and then I used the OFFLINE installer file for the latest updates - Last update Sept. 5th 2022 in administrator mode + ReLink in FSDT Universal installer and ACTIVATE is green color
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 04:13:15 pm by Cheesburger2590 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2022, 04:18:32 pm »
Your logs shows:

- your Couatl version is outdated

- the fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways seems to not exists in your community folder, or can't be accessed for some reason

I don't have the GSX icon under MSFS

This seems to indicate not even the fsdreamteam-gsx-pro package is instralled or if it is, is not linked to the Community, something is clearly wrong with your install, is the Installer reporting GSX as Installed ?