Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 76060 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2022, 12:30:52 am »
This error is one we really don't understand.

When you see a connection with Simconnect being made, it means the program started and connected to the sim, and now it's waiting for the sim itself to reply, which in your case just doesn't come, so the program can't go ahead, because is still waiting for the sim to call it back.

It might be possibly related to permission issues, try to run the Coautl program as adminstrator, see if there's any change.

It might be related to the antivirus, since the Simconnect connection is similar to a file connection, without a file, you can try adding the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions

It might be possibly related to the configuration of the Simconnect.XML found in the MSFS settings folder

MS Store version:
%LOCALAPPADTA%\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Simconnect.xml

Steam version
%APPDATA%\Microsoft FlightSimulator\Simconnect.xml

Do you recall ever changing this file settings ? Maybe to use an add-on that runs over a network ?

brunorene8410

« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2022, 04:08:40 am »
Hello, here is my error file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2022, 11:25:56 am »

You seem to have the same problem which I explained in the post just above yours. Try all the possible solutions there.

brunorene8410

« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2022, 03:00:40 pm »

You seem to have the same problem which I explained in the post just above yours. Try all the possible solutions there.

I have done all the steps and is not working.

andrewchan97

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2022, 03:29:44 pm »
My situation is i tried to start couatl but it disappeared from my task manager as soon as i complete loading a flight. Despite I started the couatl manually, i could call out GSX menu, but the loading page just keep spinning like forever, is there any other solution i could try?  I have tried every solution i could find on this forum but reinstall MSFS. The enclosed file is for your reference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2022, 03:38:25 pm »
My situation is i tried to start couatl but it disappeared from my task manager as soon as i complete loading a flight.

Your logs says the problem is caused by the program having to regenerate the airport cache, the log shows it started, but it seems it crashed before it could even start, and if the airport cache can't be completed successfully at least once, it will try to recreate it again on the next start, and again, until it completes.

There might be several reasons why it didn't complete ( in your case it seems it tried to start, but it didn't ), like access denied to the Community folder, antivirus interference, etc. I see your locale is Chinese, do you have an user name with non-ascii characters in ? That might be another cause of the problem, we are working on a fix for this last isssue.

Freccia

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2022, 04:19:33 pm »
My Couatl engine never started automatically, I always had to start it through the "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon on the desktop.

What I've done so far:
- I gave the file Couatl64_MSFS.exe the permissions to execute as administrator
- I have inserted in my antivirus (Microsoft Defender) the exclusions for the Addon Manager and Virtuali folders (% APPDATA%\Virtuali)
- I tried several times to uninstall GSX Pro and delete the Addon Manager and% APPDATA%\Virtuali folders
- I checked the EXE.xml file and the instructions seem correct
<Launch.Addon>
     <Name> Couatl </Name>
     <Disabled> False </Disabled>
     <Path> D: \ Program Files \ Addon Manager \ couatl64 \ couatl64_MSFS.exe </Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to see the automatic start of the Couatl engine even once.

I am attaching my log file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2022, 04:38:42 pm »
My Couatl engine never started automatically, I always had to start it through the "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" icon on the desktop.

That's a known problem which is unrelated to GSX:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

CMC26038

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2022, 05:20:05 pm »
My Couatl.exe shuts itself off once I load up MSFS,

4 clean reinstalls later and it still does the same thing and I am now at a dead end as to what I can do.

Additionally I have once had an error message saying that it could not find the Python.DLL and Alut.DLL files

Edit(16:42BST) Have excluded the files from the Antivirus and still no joy

Wondering if anyone can help....

Log Attatched:

Running in mode: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.8 (build 4834)
log started on Thu Sep  1 16:10:03 2022

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect

« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 05:42:53 pm by CMC26038 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2022, 05:42:51 pm »
Additionally I have once had an error message saying that it could not find the Python.DLL and Alut.DLL files

- Restart Windows

- Download and install the OFFLINE installer in the Sticky thread in this section.

Cerb737

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2022, 06:23:29 pm »
Purchased and installed last night and had the issue where it just dies from the task bar but with only the Connected to SimConnect message as the final entry. Spent two hours uninstalling, reinstalling and trying everything I could find here.

Today I uninstalled again, deleted the add on  Manager folders and the %appdata%\virtuali folder. I then uninstalled the FSDT installer. Then reinstalled the whole lot and finally run the offline update without going near the live update.

It still didn’t work. Running as admin etc.. doesn’t fix. However I got it to work by turning off real-time scanning on my antivirus. As soon as I did that it’s all working. Unfortunately it’s a bit rubbish as I can only exclude individual files not entire folders to scan so not sure if just doing the folders related to GSX would also fix. Tried to just exclude the startcouatl exe but that didn’t work. Not ideal of course but it’s a workaround for now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2022, 06:30:28 pm »
It still didn’t work. Running as admin etc.. doesn’t fix. However I got it to work by turning off real-time scanning on my antivirus. As soon as I did that it’s all working.

Sure, antivirus can cause lots of problems. I highlighted your comment to make it easier for other users to read.

Unfortunately it’s a bit rubbish as I can only exclude individual files not entire folders to scan so not sure if just doing the folders related to GSX would also fix. Tried to just exclude the startcouatl exe but that didn’t work. Not ideal of course but it’s a workaround for now.

Which antivirus you use ? Even the default Windows Defender allows to exclude whole folders, that would be the best option and, if you do it for the whole Flight sim folder as well, everything will work better.

Cerb737

« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2022, 06:46:58 pm »
Thanks Umberto. It’s Macaffee Total protect. It’s only the real time scanning that’s the issue leaving everything else enabled such as firewall etc. is fine. will try and disable it anyway and just use windows Defender with the folders excluded and see how it goes!

Westtomfc

« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2022, 07:19:22 pm »
I dont know where to ask this but I recently reformatted my hard drive and it runs but now the Universal installer wont let me click the MSFS 20 option so I cant install GSX as there are no options to install it anywhere?

Westtomfc

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2022, 08:29:52 pm »
The universal installer just says in bottom right MSfs not installed even though it is. How can I fix this?