Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75963 times)

airbumps

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2022, 12:26:06 pm »
Out of interest, how long can it take for all of these 'nodes' to be updated? Its been days since the release, I would have thought the updating of all of these nodes was done within 24-48 hours? Are we talking weeks of having to use this offline installer?

Westtomfc

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2022, 12:31:31 pm »
And the gsx tab isnt showing up on the toolbar in msfs. Help quickly please

This can only happen if something happened during the installation, follow this procedure for a complete reinstall:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26933.0.html

I have done this several times and it still will not appear on the bar at the top and wont appear so I still cant use gsx what should i do. please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2022, 01:23:13 pm »
I have done this several times and it still will not appear on the bar at the top and wont appear so I still cant use gsx what should i do. please help

Have both gsx packages being linked to the Community folder ?

Westtomfc

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2022, 01:33:51 pm »

Yes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2022, 01:47:02 pm »

Have you possibly disabled the GSX icon from the Toolbar ? Check the last icon with the wheels, and be sure the GSX menu is enabled there.

Westtomfc

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2022, 04:45:42 pm »
Definitely not in that tab either I have checked there

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2022, 05:17:26 pm »
I'm sorry, but not having the icon in the Toolbar cannot possibly be caused by anything other than not having installed the program completely. That icon is not driven by any software, the icon *itself* should always be visible, if the package is installed and linked to the Community.

Go back again to the uninstall/reinstall thread I already linked, because there's no other explanation for the missing toolbar icon.

Westtomfc

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2022, 05:26:16 pm »

Do you mean if the installed icon is in the installer because whenever i attempt to link it to the community folder it wont let me start Coutal?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2022, 05:28:59 pm »
Do you mean if the installed icon is in the installer because whenever i attempt to link it to the community folder it wont let me start Coutal?

You not supposed to link it yourself, the installer should have done it automatically, but if the installation completed with no errors.

bjratchf

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2022, 05:38:03 pm »
I used the offline updater and am still getting the "please wait for menu to load" message... The couatl log however is a lot longer, I don't know what the problem is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2022, 05:44:52 pm »
I don't see any particular problem with your log, other than it took 36 seconds to regenerate the cache, but then it started normally, you called GSX and it told your parking was too small for your aircraft, then you exited it.

Is the being cache regenerated at each start up ? This will happen if you change anything in the scenery configuration, like adding/removing sceneries and such.

bjratchf

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2022, 05:50:42 pm »
Ooof... unfortunately I only saw the regenerating cache message for a split second before it disappeared. It blinked a few times and was always at 10%... Therefore I can't really monitor the progress of the cache rebuilding (don't know when I can press the GSX icon again?). I would really like to get to the settings page in order to tell GSX that yes really, the parking space is just fine for my aircraft. I have a EDLP config file within the Virtuali/GSX folder that I downloaded from flightsim.to.

Im familiar with GSX from the P3D and FSX versions- and those versions were a little transparent with what the couatl program was doing behind the scenes. With MSFS I'm not as good a "fixer of problems" as I used to be as its never apparent what the actual problem is. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2022, 05:54:51 pm »
Im familiar with GSX from the P3D and FSX versions- and those versions were a little transparent with what the couatl program was doing behind the scenes. With MSFS I'm not as good a "fixer of problems" as I used to be as its never apparent what the actual problem is.

I daresay it's way easier now to troubleshoot issues, now that you can Start Couatl at any time, even after the simulator has loaded completely, Exit, Start, Restart Couatl an unlimited number of times, something you couldn't do before, where Couatl could only be started once, and either Restart worked, or you have to restart the whole sim.

bjratchf

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2022, 06:03:22 pm »
Thanks...

I'm did an uninstall/reinstall, and then applied the offline addon manager... booting MSFS now to test at EDLP (the jetbridges were above the airport building). Went into the config and found EDLP to deactivate in the lower list (I think thats GSX world?)

Westtomfc

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2022, 06:58:50 pm »

You not supposed to link it yourself, the installer should have done it automatically, but if the installation completed with no errors.
Yes but I have an external Usb device that is samsung that has msfs on it and the community folder