Author Topic: GSX for MSFS - Not intuitive  (Read 1136 times)

Keirtt

GSX for MSFS - Not intuitive
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:02:43 pm »
So I've finally updated to the proper 2022 files and everything seems to be functional. However, I must say that while the controls for the editor worked in p3d, in MSFS they are completely unintuitive for MSFS! Trying to use the arrow and num keys to move things around is an absolute nightmare! I've had my sim setup for two years to use the arrows and num keys for moving my camera system around and I'm not about to change all of that to accommodate this antiquated editor. Umberto, please consider updating the editor to be more user friendly with users of MSFS because right now it's to big of a pain to even want to consider to use. For the love of god, let us use the SCROLL WHEEL on the mouse to turn things in the editor (Parking editor and pushback editor)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 06:07:29 pm by Keirtt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX for MSFS - Not intuitive
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 06:13:18 pm »
This has been explained so many times:

- We cannot freely choose which key to use, we can only use what's available in the Drone camera. This because, the MSFS SDK, opposite to the P3D SDK, doesn't allow Simconnect add-ons to intercept keys, because the simulator will receive it anyway, so we had to choose something which was not too much in conflict with what the Drone camera uses.

- Contrary to P3D, there's no way to detect Mouse clicks in the 3D world, if you are not an airplane with your own cockpit.

I've had my sim setup for two years to use the arrows and num keys for moving my camera system around and I'm not about to change all of that to accommodate this antiquated editor.

When discussing UI and human interaction, everything is highly subjective, and what one finds comfortable, another one will find it a "nightmare". For me, using the arrow keys to control the camera IS the ultimate nightmare, because I'm using this:

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/product/spacemouse-compact/

So, everything else, for me, it's a nightmare, because this is the thing that has been designed exactly to control a camera, and have a spare hand to use either keys or mouse.

Keirtt

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:15:44 pm »
So Umberto, then I'll ask - how has a freeware developer managed to create a very similar product with the scroll wheel? I don't understand how one dev has managed to do it and another can't find a way to implement it as an option to the user.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 07:18:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 07:20:55 pm »
So Umberto, then I'll ask - how has a freeware developer managed to create a very similar product with the scroll wheel?

It doesn't wok on the actual scenery, but on map view, so you can't see the 3d world, like obstacles. I'd say that having to keep a 2d view constantly open on top of the area you are supposed to see, is way worse than having to learn a couple of keys.