Author Topic: Nothing Works  (Read 1002 times)

Whoashloppy

Nothing Works
« on: August 19, 2022, 12:39:50 am »
Today I tried to do a flight and none of the GSX menus would open. Tried to uninstall and reinstall GSX and now the FSDT Installer and Live Update both just crash when I open them. Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue but I don't see a thread on the P3D version started yet. I could care less about the "new" sim, just want my P3D GSX to work correctly, and it looks like this new release for MSFS has messed everything up.

Ben

Edit: Live Update finally worked but nothing works in the sim. Menu won't come up, tried to restart Couatl and nothing is responding.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 01:10:47 am by Whoashloppy »

GazWright

Re: Nothing Works
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 02:14:27 am »
Hi,

I too am having this issue.

I’ve not had a chance to check the logs yet, but I did the same as the OP, can run Live Update fine, airport cache builds fine, etc, but within the sim nothing GSX related works.

Even choosing settings and disable GSX doesn’t do anything.

Addon Manager loads fine and says GSX is activated etc.

Latest version, P3D 5. 3 latest on a clean install (I only just finished reinstalling everything).  Windows 10, high spec machine, everything else is working fine.

It was working so I’m inclined to agree that something has been broken by this most recent update.

Hope we can get an answer / fix soon!

Gareth

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 02:16:42 am »
Nothing is broken, and everything works. It's just a matter of not everybody getting the latest files, because the servers are still replicating all files. I suggest trying later, the correct files will eventually arrive.

Or, try uninstalling/reinstalling.

Whoashloppy

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 02:39:46 am »
I did try uninstalling/reinstalling GSX. No fix. Live update runs and everything appears normal til I get in the sim and nothing works. So yes...it is broken, as several P3D users are unable to use GSX, I don't know what else you'd call it. Please let us know when the file replicating issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Ben
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 02:48:14 am by Whoashloppy »

smiley

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 02:41:45 am »
I can confirm the same, uninstalled reinstalled and no GSX working in P3D.
Will wait till the servers calm down and hopefully the correct files to fix are uploaded.

Kind regards

Miles Harrison

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 02:59:23 am »
I can only confirm there are no issues with P3D, just tried it now again, to be sure. It's surely a server problem, but we cannot know exactly when all servers would get the latest files, but they eventually do.

Whoashloppy

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 03:01:42 am »
I just ran the update again and it's now working.

Ben

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 03:25:26 am »
I just ran the update again and it's now working.

Glad to hear, the release is about 30.000 new files, it's expected it will take some times before they'll spread over 260 nodes of the Cloudflare network.

GazWright

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 09:41:22 pm »
All sorted for me now too!

Cheers,

Gareth