Author Topic: Jetway customization **SOLVED **  (Read 1809 times)

a2h

Jetway customization **SOLVED **
« on: August 18, 2022, 11:20:57 pm »
First of all, congratulations! You finally brought one of the most anticipated and very missed addons to MSFS, Thank you!

My question is regarding the jetway customization, I already followed questions and your answers in the Dev corner and I understand there are still SDK limitations.

The World of jetways part of GSX Pro appears to currently only allow include or exclude locations, or is there a way to change the position of the jetway, it's length, height etc.?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 09:57:44 am by a2h »
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks

adlouah

Re: Jetway customization
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 06:08:09 pm »
I'd be interested in this as well, since the jetways are misplaced a lot of times on 3rd party airports (i.e. connection to the scenery glas tunnel higher/ lower) so that it doesnt match at all.

olliejstacey

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 02:41:16 pm »
I'd also be interested in this!! Be great if you can customise the GSX jetways to use with 3rd party airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 03:59:53 pm »
Jetways customization in MSFS works completely differently than in P3D. There, we had SODE, where we could create custom jetways on the fly which were working outside the simulator default system.

In MSFS, there's no SODE, which means jetways work exactly like standard ones, so they are included in the airport file. In order to bypass the limitation of other similar jetway-replacement product, that replace the default model, with the result you'll have the same model with a single variant replaced everywhere, we supplied a set of 900 .BGL containing only jetways, based on the positions of jetways in the default scenery. This way, jetways are called by their own individual names for each gate, so we can have multiple variations of models and liveries.

The downside of this system is that's not very easy to allow user customization, because it would probably require users to recompile the airport source codes in some way, using DevMode, to create a new version of one of those 900 default airports.

About 3rd party airports, in addition to the complication of encrypted airports sold in the Markeplace which can't be read at this time (although if this will improve in the future with the new Facilities API in SU10 ), we assumed that, by now, most of the 3rd party airports already come with custom jetways, surely the payware ones do.

HOWEVER, there's another route you might undertake, and it's using MSFS DevMode to create a jetway-only airport Project! Our jetways are completely standard, which means, as long as you have GSX Pro installed, you will see GSX Jetways and Jetway links in the list of available Simobjects and Scenery in the Airport Editor, and you can place and rotate them visually.

I think this might be an attractive option for freeware users: they could easily make a "GSX enhanced" version of their airports, getting access to high quality models and lots of variations, with no effort.

a2h

Re: Jetway customization **SOLVED **
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 09:56:33 am »
Thank you for the detailed explanation, much appreciated.

I will check out this idea and give it a try in DevMode.
MSFS Microsoft Marketplace Version
----
GSX Pro, My replacement assistance trucks