Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71233 times)

Ankh

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2022, 10:52:22 pm »
Ok, this might be an interesting find for Umberto: the reason why in my case Couatl is never starting with MSFS is the strange fact that none of the .exe files defined in the exe.xml file are executed when firing up MSFS. Neither Couatl, nor Fenix or Aerosofts VDGS. There is also a thread over in the official forums, no idea why the exe.xml seems to stop working, the sim also does not recreate the exe.xml file anymore when deleted (which I did due to some unknown idiotic thought of mine).

Doc_Z

« Reply #271 on: August 22, 2022, 10:59:14 pm »
Followed  the steps in #266.  Scripting engine did not start.  Had to start Couati64_MSFS manually.  Finally to the GSX menu after airports refreshed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2022, 12:04:16 am »
the reason why in my case Couatl is never starting with MSFS is the strange fact that none of the .exe files defined in the exe.xml file are executed when firing up MSFS. Neither Couatl, nor Fenix or Aerosofts VDGS.

Surely I know about that, because I am affected too, my exe.xml starts randomly, like 1 times out of 5. I reported it to Asobo, they are aware of it, and are looking for a fix.

It seems to be a buggy "licensing" problem and, in my case, I SUSPECT it happens because I have two separate copies of MSFS installed, one is the Microsoft Store version running SU10 Beta, the other is the Steam version running SU9, they are completely separate installations with separate licenses. However, since even on Steam you are required to log into MSFS with a Microsoft account, and that's clearly the same, I think this confuses the licensing system, because each time I switch from using one version to the other one, it thinks I'm logging from "another device", so it asks for confirmation. This is likely triggering some kind of bug, because the failed XML startup is in fact triggering a Windows error code that is related to a licensing problem. If I enable the Simconnect diagnostic log, it tells me I don't even have the *license* to run the Diagnostic log!

Asobo replied to me about this, saying the issue is likely the MSFS is trying for some reason to validate the license of child process started from the EXE.XML, which it obviously can't (MSFS can't possibly know anything about 3rd party licenses) so, the failure result in the .EXE not being started.

PedroSMP

« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2022, 12:22:19 am »
Dear Virtuali,

Being my self a satisfied user of GSX (FSX), I immediately bought your GSX Pro for MSFS.
Unfortunately I found the same problems as many other users here in the forum with download servers, with GSX menu not showing, with GSX showing but not working and finally with GSX working with issues.
The GSX working only occur after I use one of your download links bellow.
Download from GDrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NU20pW0twKl_KptypNFZre9nO5h0Q8F2/view?usp=sharing
Download from Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rcjygudgvbccu2w/Addon_Manager.exe/file

I love your product and I would like to see all the GSX capabilites working without issues, I really thrust FSDT will provide that soon.

Please continue the good work
PedroSMP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2022, 12:28:41 am »
The GSX working only occur after I use one of your download links bellow.

Well, that at least indicates GSX *does* work, because that installer just copies the same exact files we have online now, but couldn't reach you because your local cloudflare node was still outdated.

I love your product and I would like to see all the GSX capabilites working without issues, I really thrust FSDT will provide that soon.

If you mean GSX still have bugs that need to be fixed, then yes, we'll of course work at them. If you mean the server issue, it will sort out itself automatically in the next days, at least yours is yet another confirmation that files on our servers are find and work, the only issue was you couldn't reach them.

daschla

« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2022, 12:34:19 am »
Hello,

I can confirm that after installing Umberto's latest link, GSX works now in P3D as well as in MSFS. I have installed P3D on top of MSFS - first GSX/GSX L2 and then a lot of FSDT airports - and run the link. GSX Pro was already installed before.

Thanks a lot for the hotfix FSDT. It isn't a big issue for me to run the link after Live Update. It's just great to know that there is now a possibility to run GSX on both sims together and I am sure that the problem will be solved anyway soon when all download/update servers are up-to-date.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Bombero18

« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2022, 06:56:12 am »
Same here, I tried to do a full clean install then I tried by updating that new installed GSX Pro and nothing...

The couatl.exe is running, I can see the logo at the bottom and GSX on the top menu of my simulator. When I hit the GSX in the menu it gives me the "Couatl.exe script hasnt start" so I go also at the bottom and try to "Restart" the Couatl.exe and nothing still.

I ran out of knowledge to keep trying new solutions so I am posting here like many others from what I can see.

Ankh

« Reply #277 on: August 23, 2022, 10:22:18 am »
the reason why in my case Couatl is never starting with MSFS is the strange fact that none of the .exe files defined in the exe.xml file are executed when firing up MSFS. Neither Couatl, nor Fenix or Aerosofts VDGS.

Surely I know about that, because I am affected too, my exe.xml starts randomly, like 1 times out of 5. I reported it to Asobo, they are aware of it, and are looking for a fix.

It seems to be a buggy "licensing" problem and, in my case, I SUSPECT it happens because I have two separate copies of MSFS installed, one is the Microsoft Store version running SU10 Beta, the other is the Steam version running SU9, they are completely separate installations with separate licenses. However, since even on Steam you are required to log into MSFS with a Microsoft account, and that's clearly the same, I think this confuses the licensing system, because each time I switch from using one version to the other one, it thinks I'm logging from "another device", so it asks for confirmation. This is likely triggering some kind of bug, because the failed XML startup is in fact triggering a Windows error code that is related to a licensing problem. If I enable the Simconnect diagnostic log, it tells me I don't even have the *license* to run the Diagnostic log!

Asobo replied to me about this, saying the issue is likely the MSFS is trying for some reason to validate the license of child process started from the EXE.XML, which it obviously can't (MSFS can't possibly know anything about 3rd party licenses) so, the failure result in the .EXE not being started.

Well, I checked again and I still have the exe.xml and now it IS starting couatl, but no VDGS or Fenix. Am at a loss, no idea what is going on here... and I never had another instance of MSFS installed...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #278 on: August 23, 2022, 10:49:31 am »
I ran out of knowledge to keep trying new solutions so I am posting here like many others from what I can see.

Are you sure you ran this installer LAST ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

As explained there, if you run the Live Updater again after it, it's possible that, because your cloudflare node is still updated, so it will downgrade some files which were corrected by the offline installer, so you need to run it again.

If that still doesn't fix it, post your log as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

gypsyczar

« Reply #279 on: August 23, 2022, 03:51:32 pm »
I have been trying everything in the forums to get GSXPro fixed since release.  The latest attempt is as follows:

1.  Unistall GSXPro from the installer
2.  Uninstall The installer using the Win apps uninstall
3.  Deleting the addons directory.  Just a note I sewe it has moved to Programs(x86) from P3dV5 Addon files)
4.  I did not remove my P3D FADT airports
5   Reinstall GXXPro using fresh download of the intaller.
6.  Rebooted the machine
7.  Started msfs...Coatil scripting not starting error still remains.
8.  Installed the "Patch addon manager" file
9.  Did not run the updater
10. Ran MSFS Coatl error still there

Attached is the .err file.  I noticed that there is a different error this time  Any help would be appreciated

GeoNau

« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2022, 04:52:30 pm »
It did downgrade MY local files. So files on the node are still out of date which means YOU still have a problem and I as your customer don't care where the issue is located.

It's fine, I'm up to date for the moment because of the Auto Manager.

I'm not sure what is your point here. I said a downgrade would possibly happen, and you only had to reinstall this offline installer, to get you back to the correct version. You said the installer did fix it in fact so, what else is there to say ?

I said "possibly downgrade", because there's no telling *exactly* when *your* local cloudflare node will get the correct files, so you won't have to use this temporary installer. But YOU can tell when the server is fine because...the Live Updater will STOP trying to download the same files over and over, because finally the files the Live Updater *expects* to get arrived.

UNTIL THEN, just run this temporary installer after the Live Update.

What my point is ? I just stated facts.

And I never said it fixed it, not sure where you got that from, maybe you mixxed me up with someone else. I said:

Have you tried the installer discussed in this thread ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191

No, had not seen it. It seems to have worked, albeit the Universal Installer and Live Updater still downloads the same files over and over again after I used the Addon Manager from that tread.

BTW How do I know or can check which are the latest file versions ?

But it's okay, no need to reply anymore. Some day it all will work out and I'm to tired of another post from you telling me it's all fine on your end, I'm doing something wrong or interpreting something wrong or cloudflares nodes aren't up to date yet (which is exactly what i reported).

Also I guess you have more important things to fix then to reply to my post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #281 on: August 23, 2022, 10:33:31 pm »
8.  Installed the "Patch addon manager" file

Your log shows you still have the outdated version (4801, the one OFFLINE installer is 4811), so something must have gone wrong here. Try to configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to its Exclusion, because there's no other explanation why you don't have the version that is there.

EDawg109

« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2022, 01:09:48 am »
I finally got it working in both P3D and MSFS2020. I downloaded the file from Mediafire. I first uninstalled the P3D and the MSFS version of GSX. I installed the new file. Then I installed the P3D version and than the MSFS version and restarted my computer to my surprise GSX is working in both versions of GSX.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:50:24 am by virtuali »

nguttmann

« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2022, 06:16:41 pm »
Has the issue being corrected? I tried everything posted here without any success by having both GSX Pro and GSX on the P3D V5 at the same time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2022, 06:46:10 pm »
The procedure indicated in the previous post should work. But please, for any issues specific to P3D, use the relevant section of the forum.