Author Topic: Passagenr count way off and impossible to know if GSX is correctly updapted  (Read 3400 times)

harphosos

Hi,

I i have a flight with the fenix a320 .. only 14 pax on boarding for gsx, the biref said 151+ pax...

And its impossible to know if a new update is avail, the FSDT instaler just keep instaling thinsg and no update lig is avail..

Mybe i missed smth

Many thanks

tf51d

Check your settings, it has an option to estimate pax count. If that is set it will give tou a random number. I think if you uncheck this, you'll get the number from simbrief.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
And its impossible to know if a new update is avail, the FSDT instaler just keep instaling thinsg and no update lig is avail..

What is an "update lig" ?

If the updater keeps download the same files over and over, it's a cloudflare replication problem: all files still haven't reached your local node, so it knows a file has changed, tries to download it and get the outdated version.

Try to remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

and see if it improves

GeoNau

If the updater keeps download the same files over and over, it's a cloudflare replication problem: all files still haven't reached your local node, so it knows a file has changed, tries to download it and get the outdated version.

and see if it improves

Removing that folder doesn't do anything at all. The updater/installer is still downloading the same files over and over again each time you start the updater/installer and click on update for GSX Pro.

Today is the 3rd day after release, isn't it ?

According to you it's not up to you that not all files are transfered to our local node, correct ? BTW Who/where is our local node ?

Are you doing anything to speed up the process ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:42:20 pm by GeoNau »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Yes, if you see the same files downloaded over and over, it's 100% sure it's your local cloudflare node still not updated. We sent *another* refresh command to Cloudflare twice today, could you please start the Live Update again and see if you finally get them ?

GeoNau

Yes, if you see the same files downloaded over and over, it's 100% sure it's your local cloudflare node still not updated. We sent *another* refresh command to Cloudflare twice today, could you please start the Live Update again and see if you finally get them ?

No deal yet, it's still downloading the same files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Have you tried the installer discussed in this thread ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191

GeoNau

Have you tried the installer discussed in this thread ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191

No, had not seen it. It seems to have worked, albeit the Universal Installer and Live Updater still downloads the same files over and over again after I used the Addon Manager from that tread.

BTW How do I know or can check which are the latest file versions ?

avantime

Check your settings, it has an option to estimate pax count. If that is set it will give tou a random number. I think if you uncheck this, you'll get the number from simbrief.

Can someone please confirm how GSX gets its pax count if "estimate passengers numbers" is disabled? In P3D GSX you manually type in a specific number of pax (which is what I want) but AFAIK it's not how its done in MSFS.

GeoNau

Can someone please confirm how GSX gets its pax count if "estimate passengers numbers" is disabled? In P3D GSX you manually type in a specific number of pax (which is what I want) but AFAIK it's not how its done in MSFS.

Exactly as explained in the manual (page 60), at least this works.

Make sure to use your Simbrief Alias, not your ID and the time of departure must be in the feature.

sw34669

What is an "update lig" ?

and see if it improves

it's an update log from your bug ridden software

avantime

Exactly as explained in the manual (page 60), at least this works.

Make sure to use your Simbrief Alias, not your ID and the time of departure must be in the feature.

It's actually a bit unclear, as page 23 of the manual states if "estimate passengers numbers" is disabled:

If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the
number of passengers onboard.
If the option is enabled, GSX will estimate the passenger
number automatically, without asking confirmation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's actually a bit unclear, as page 23 of the manual states if "estimate passengers numbers" is disabled:"

That sentence started with:

This option is only relevant on FSX/P3D. In MSFS, the default is to always Estimate the passengers number, because we added Simbrief integration, for a more realistic and precise set of the passenger number.

avantime

It's actually a bit unclear, as page 23 of the manual states if "estimate passengers numbers" is disabled:"

That sentence started with:

This option is only relevant on FSX/P3D. In MSFS, the default is to always Estimate the passengers number, because we added Simbrief integration, for a more realistic and precise set of the passenger number.

The first paragraph:
In MSFS, the default is to always Estimate the passengers number, because we added Simbrief integration, for a more realistic and precise set of the passenger number.

This implies that because of added Simbrief integration, "Estimate Passenger Number" is set to ON by default as with this option ON, GSX will read the Simbrief passenger number - unlike in P3D where it was roughly estimated based on payload weight.

The unclear bit is what GSX would do if I manually set it to OFF.

The second paragraph:
If this option is disabled, GSX will always ask confirmation from the user about the number of passengers onboard.

Is there any user confirmation prompt about the number of passengers onboard when "Estimate Passenger Number" is set to OFF? Unlike in P3D when you can manually enter passenger numbers, I certainly don't see it in MSFS.

I'm guessing that this part of the manual wasn't written correctly, I suspect if "Estimate Passenger Number" is set to ON, passenger number is estimated via payload weight, like in P3D. if "Estimate Passenger Number" is set to OFF, GSX reads data from Simbrief. If Simbrief data is unavailable then it goes back to estimating passenger number based on payload weight. It looks like the manual entry of passenger numbers, like it was in P3D, is no longer possible with GSX for MSFS.

Or alternatively the "Estimate Passenger Number" option does nothing in GSX for MSFS, and that GSX will always read Simbrief data first, if unavailable then it estimates passenger numbers based on payload weight, with no possibility of manual entry. This happens whether the option is ON or OFF.

juanra100

Hello
Sorry for the inconvenience.
From where is Simbrief alias entered in the GSX?
The menu is opened once inside the gsx?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 08:37:17 pm by juanra100 »