Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 71253 times)

mirabeau

Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2022, 12:48:45 am »
Hi, thanks

I copied the file you attached in your email.
Also updated fax through installer. Tried all proposed solution but the problem still there.
I get the fax icon in the Msfs menu, I click on it , it gets highlighted then the script message appears again.
Thanks for the support

Attached err file, cant see log file

Your log clearly indicates it's a SERVER UPDATE issue. Like several others, you are getting an error from a line that has been moved in the file, so you surely have an outdated version of some files.

Josh_P96

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2022, 12:54:00 am »
I might have a fix. It wouldn't work for me as I installed Addon Manager in my HDD. However, once I uninstall it all and installed it on my SSD it works. I recommend trying that guys :) It finally works for me.

TomReborn

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2022, 12:58:01 am »
So, couatl crashes at airports that are custom that we own. For example, I've been trying at the MaccoSim Manchester Airport and this is where it never worked.
I moved to another airport in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and it worked with no issues (after starting back up couatl of course). I was confused, I went back to Manchester to see if it was a slight bug, it then didn't work again at Manchester. I then moved to ANOTHER airport I know I don't have any addons for (Edinburgh) and it's working with no issues!

I purchased Manchester directly from the vendor, and not through the marketplace. It seems that it has an issue with ALL addon airports, and not just marketplace airports, so it'll only work at airports that are default with the sim (or included with the Deluxe/Premium Deluxe airports)

Ricardo777

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2022, 01:38:18 am »
Completely unisntalled all GSX related stuff - including for Prepar3d - and then reinstalled, I still had to run the x64 script manually to get it going but it is finally working. Before the reinstall the menu would not appear and eventually the Live Updater started giving errors and would not work at all, this caused me to do the complete uninstall which seems to have fixed pretty much everything. Hope this might help someone.

jakecreates

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2022, 01:43:50 am »
So, couatl crashes at airports that are custom that we own. For example, I've been trying at the MaccoSim Manchester Airport and this is where it never worked.
I moved to another airport in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and it worked with no issues (after starting back up couatl of course). I was confused, I went back to Manchester to see if it was a slight bug, it then didn't work again at Manchester. I then moved to ANOTHER airport I know I don't have any addons for (Edinburgh) and it's working with no issues!

I purchased Manchester directly from the vendor, and not through the marketplace. It seems that it has an issue with ALL addon airports, and not just marketplace airports, so it'll only work at airports that are default with the sim (or included with the Deluxe/Premium Deluxe airports)
Just tried loading in at a default airport and works well. Addon airport - couatl crash

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2022, 01:54:00 am »
Just tried loading in at a default airport and works well. Addon airport - couatl crash

Your error log, please.

mark767

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2022, 01:56:01 am »
Completely unisntalled all GSX related stuff - including for Prepar3d - and then reinstalled, I still had to run the x64 script manually to get it going but it is finally working. Before the reinstall the menu would not appear and eventually the Live Updater started giving errors and would not work at all, this caused me to do the complete uninstall which seems to have fixed pretty much everything. Hope this might help someone.

Did you just uninstall GSX from P3D or everything.  I cannot get the Couatl engine to start and no GSX in the MSFS menu.  Even if I manually start Couatl 64 no GSX in the menu. I have overwritten the bglmanx that was posted but no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2022, 01:58:25 am »
I cannot get the Couatl engine to start and no GSX in the MSFS menu.  Even if I manually start Couatl 64 no GSX in the menu.

open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

zyloah

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2022, 02:00:56 am »
Facing the same error, here is my error log

As with others, your log clearly indicates it's a SERVER UPDATE issue. Like several others, you are getting an error from a line that has been moved in the file, so you surely have an outdated version of some files. Try this:

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- Run it again and see if it downloads something new.
I tried this with the same issue and i'm still having the same issue

mark767

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2022, 02:12:36 am »
Here is the zip file.

jakecreates

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2022, 02:15:30 am »

Your error log, please.

Couatl.err file doesnt update unless loading GSX at non addon airport
Couatl.log -

Running in mode: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Python 2.7.16 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, Mar  9 2019, 21:32:11) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v4.8 (build 4797)
log started on Fri Aug 19 01:14:20 2022

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 11 0 282174 999
RunningMode::pathToInstalledPackages F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
host file found, checking it
createDefaultContainer
Current locale is English_United Kingdom.1252
Initializing audio...
Available devices:
  Generic Software on Speakers (Razer Barracuda X)
  Generic Software on LG ULTRAWIDE (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
  Generic Software on LG HDR WQHD (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
  Generic Software on Realtek Digital Output (Realtek USB Audio)
Audio disabled per user settings
Slew mode False
bglmanx list contains 24 AddOn(s)
Loading addon LFSB
Addon LFSB not installed or missing one or more files, skipping.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 97, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 49, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named LFSB
Loading addon GSX
Current sim directory is F:/FSDT/Addon Manager/couatl64
airportCacheOptimizeSearch enabled, excluding files larger than 4000000 bytes
Airport cache loaded successfully
emulateText_MSFS Airport cache loaded successfully 4
Addon GSX loaded
Starting system monitors
Simulator version (from MAIN.DLL) is 11.0.282174.999
isPBRAvailable returned  False
isRTTAvailable returned  False
GetSimObjectsFolder() returned  F:\FSDT\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/SimObjects
GetAdditionalSimObjectsFolder() returned  F:\FSDT\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways/SimObjects
GetAdditionalSimObjectsFolderV5() returned 
GSX SimStart
Loading  aircraft.cfg  from  F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\fnx320
Loading  engines.cfg  from  F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\fnx320
Loading  flight_model.cfg  from  F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\fnx320
Loading  gameplay.cfg  from  F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\fnx320
Loading  systems.cfg  from  F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\fnx-aircraft-320\SimObjects\Airplanes\fnx320
this airplane has 10 exits
GSX flightLoaded C:\Users\Jacob Axford\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\Custom\CustomFlight\CustomFlight.FLT
aircraftDb.py provides aircraft data with priority 2  baseName =  FNX320
Using aircraft data from aircraftDb.py
Specific .cfg file for G-EZTH not found in SimObjects\Airplanes\fnx320, using standard GSX.CFG file
Specific .cfg file for G-EZTH not found in C:\Users\Jacob Axford\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\fnx320, using standard GSX.CFG file
Found gsx.cfg file at C:\Users\Jacob Axford\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\fnx320\gsx.cfg
User collision geometries reloaded
Loading airport EGCC from \\?\F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\maccosim-egcc\scenery\global\scenery\egcc.bgl
Creating model cache...
Model cache loaded

Bassman7e7

• Success is earned, not given.
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2022, 02:31:15 am »
Good Evening,

I've attached 3 separate log files from my system, after carefully following the steps from the previous posts listed here. I've initiated the Couatl64_MSFS.exe file as Administrator BEFORE running the sim to see what it would do. Upon loading the Fenix at a Non-3rd Party airport  (IAH) I attempted to call the GSX menu without success. (Waited 45-50 seconds) I restarted Couatl using the tray icon and was then greeted with "Couatl scripting engine is not running". After a few seconds I attempted to call it up again with no response.

2nd Restart yielded the same result, and the 3rd after closing Couatl completely/restarting it did not work on my end. Additional airports tested were SFO/ABQ & DFW with the same result.

Chris Perlman
DFW/Aviation Simulation Enthusiast

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2022, 02:39:34 am »
These lines from the "restart 3" file:

File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 411, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'emulateMenu_MSFS'

Shows you haven't got the current version of the files, because your local Cloudflare node is still updating, because of the big number of files involved. The correct files should eventually come up with the Live Update.

You can try uninstalling / reinstalling as well.

Kevin_28

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2022, 02:43:52 am »
Hello there,

Thank you for all your hard work and support. I get the same message as everyone else (COUATL scripting engine hasn't started). I replaced the .dat file as you suggested but that did not work. Attached is my log file as per your instructions.

Please disregard. You answered in the previous post. I'll let you know if it works.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 02:45:44 am by Kevin_28 »

Bassman7e7

• Success is earned, not given.
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2022, 02:50:19 am »
These lines from the "restart 3" file:

File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 411, in onAppStart
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'emulateMenu_MSFS'

Shows you haven't got the current version of the files, because your local Cloudflare node is still updating, because of the big number of files involved. The correct files should eventually come up with the Live Update.

You can try uninstalling / reinstalling as well.

Understood sir, I will attempt to uninstall / reinstall it and worst case, be patient.
Chris Perlman
DFW/Aviation Simulation Enthusiast