Author Topic: Popup window problem in GSX  (Read 4042 times)

topejoan

Popup window problem in GSX
« on: June 12, 2022, 12:34:35 pm »
Hello
I have a problem. I have installed a new hdd, operating system, flight simulator P3Dv5.3, iFly 737 advanced series aircraft, and third party programs.
Everything already mew works except for a part of the GSX. When I press with the simulator running in "Add-ons" and in "GSX" and "Show GSX Menu by passing YouControl - Shift+Control+F12", now a menu is not displayed indicating what I want to do: Boarding, Deboarding , refueling, catering, etc.
I attach two photos, what should I do?

Jose Angel Torres-Perez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Popup window problem in GSX
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 02:47:28 pm »
Please clarify:

With "Everything already mew works", do you mean EVERYTHING works, just GSX can't be called from the "Addons" menu, but CAN be called with its hotkey ? Or even the hotkey doesn't work ?

topejoan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 05:27:50 pm »
When I press with the simulator running in "Add-ons" and in "GSX" and "Show GSX Menu by passing YouControl - Shift+Control+F12", now a menu is not displayed indicating what I want to do: Boarding, Deboarding , refueling, catering, etc. Before with the other hard drive if a menu was shown, now I can't load fuel, catering, etc.This is the only thing that doesn't work for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 05:38:09 pm »
Your report is still not clear because, saying "this is the only thing that doesn't work for me" seems to indicate everything in GSX works but then, you said you don't even have it's menu, that means NOTHING works, in fact.

That's why, I guess maybe you wanted to say it doesn't work *FROM THE ADDON MENU ONLY*, but it worked when using its HOTKEY, that's what I asked, but you subsequent reply doesn't make it any clear if this is in fact the problem, or GSX is not working at all.

topejoan

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 06:19:47 pm »
I clarify it, GSX does not work when I click with the mouse on "Add-ons", then on "GSX" and then on "Show GSX Menu by passing YouControl" the drop-down menu does not appear. I also do it with the keyboard by pressing "Shift + Control + F12" does not work either.

Jose Angel Torres Perez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 06:21:51 pm »
Ok so, it's not working at all, since without the menu ( either from the Addons menu or from the Hotkey ), you can't do much with GSX.

Do you see the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" at start, or if you use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl->Settings menu ?

topejoan

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 07:59:44 pm »
Do you see the message "Airport cache loaded successfully" at start, yes, or if you use the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl->Settings menu ? yes. If there is no solution, I will uninstall the GSX and hope to get lucky.

Jose Angel Torres Perez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 08:01:05 pm »
Before reinstalling, could you check if the problems happens with a specific airplane ?

topejoan

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 11:11:39 am »
Hello
I have the same problem with all aircraft. I have deactivated GSX and GSX2, uninstalled the program, deleted all remaining files. Now computer off and on. Installation of GSX and GSX2, activated, ok they have already been added to "Add-on" in P3D v5,. I click on "Restart Coualt and rebuid cache" in a few seconds, I get a dropdown of "Airpor cache regeneration completed wicth sucess in 4 second". Now I click on GSX and on the pop-up on "Show GSX Menu by-passing youControl" and nothing. I also hit "Shift + Ctrl + F12" and nothing.

Jose Angel Torres Perez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2022, 01:29:21 pm »
Could be you updated P3D from a previous version using only the Client installer ? Applications that use the Simconnect menu usually requires a Content update or a Full update.

topejoan

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2022, 06:43:23 pm »
Windows OS and Prepar3d version is the same as old HDD V5.3 (5.3.17.28160), and GSX worked perfectly. I have only installed the Windows Operating System and then he has only updated OS.
I have installed Prepar3D V5.3 and the GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion software. I have activated them.
When I click Add-on, then GSX, then Show GSX Menu by-passing YouControl, it just places the orange and white cones around the aircraft without bringing up the next dropdown.
I've reinstalled P3D's "Client Intaller" as you indicate and it's still the same, I've updated GSX with the "FSDT Universal Installer" it's updated but it's still the same. Every time I do, updater, etc. I turn off the computer and turn it back on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 05:57:24 pm »
When I click Add-on, then GSX, then Show GSX Menu by-passing YouControl, it just places the orange and white cones around the aircraft without bringing up the next dropdown.

This means GSX is working perfectly. It's the simulator menu that isn't.

I've reinstalled P3D's "Client Intaller" as you indicate and it's still the same

That's the opposite of what I said. You should have installed the Content or the Full Installer, it's installing/updating with the Client that cause the missing menu in the sim. If you upgraded the OS, some things require to run the P3D installer again and it must be either the Content or (better) the Full Installer.

topejoan

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 07:53:48 pm »
Hello
I have formatted the hard drive. Installed the Windows 10 Operating System. Downloaded all updates. I disable the Antivirus. Now I install the Prepar 3D v5.3 program, and activate it. I install GSX, and pass "FSDT Universal Installer" all as administrator, where I activate GSX and GSX2 advanced. In the antivirus in exclusions I add the "Add Manager" folder. Now I run the full p3d installer. I turn off the computer and restart it. I start the P3D program and in the upper area in add-ons a window is displayed, with FSUIPC, iFly 737, Add-Manager (Virtuali), GSX, etc. I click on GSX and the dropdown in the lower area in "Restart Coualt and rebuild airport cache" shows an upper horizontal band indicating that it takes 5 seconds. Now I click on Show GSX Menu by-passing You-Control or Shift+Ctrl+F12" and the only thing it does is place some white and orange cones around the aircraft. But the dropdown with the actions it can perform does not appear: Boarding, deboardin, refuel, etc. I have tried several aircraft and nothing.
All this worked with the previous hard drive that crashed, nothing has changed, it's the same hardware and software, the hard drive is a 2tb solid type.
Windows 10, Ram 16Gb. micro Intel I5 4460, 64Bits System, Gforce RTX2060 graphics card.
Some help please.

Jose Angel Torres Perez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2022, 10:45:08 pm »
I click on GSX and the dropdown in the lower area in "Restart Coualt and rebuild airport cache" shows an upper horizontal band indicating that it takes 5 seconds. Now I click on Show GSX Menu by-passing You-Control or Shift+Ctrl+F12" and the only thing it does is place some white and orange cones around the aircraft.

As I've said, this clearly confirm the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which IS WORKING. It's the simulator Simconnect menu that is not.

Maybe you are not fully aware of it but, what you might see as "the GSX menu", is NOT the "GSX menu", it's the sim own SIMCONNECT menu, which is used by all 3rd party applications with a menu, GSX or any other app doesn't have any control over its appearance and, if it doesn't appear, it's a problem in the sim installation.

GSX is clearly working from your report, only the sim menu is not.

Which, as I've said, it's caused by an incomplete install of the sim, or an upgrade made just with the Client. Will surely be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the sim, using the full installer.

topejoan

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2022, 12:36:42 pm »
I keep uninstalling Prepar3D, but it seems to me that it is not a SimConnect problem, I am attaching the couatl.log file, it still does not exit, it is drop-down with the GSX options, when I click on GSX and then on "Show GSX Menu by-passing You Control " or hit the "Shift+Crtl+F12" keys, with parking brakes set and engines off, I just get GSX to place orange and white cones around the aircraft.
Attached I send file couatl.log

Jose Angel Torres Perez
Mochales (Spain)