Author Topic: GSX installation failed  (Read 1517 times)

Hossi

GSX installation failed
« on: April 26, 2022, 05:02:35 pm »
Hi,
after a new installation of Windows 10 now I have
installed the P3Dv4 and my FSLabs A320/321 and now I want to start installing all airport addons and GSX. But
I failed with GSX. The installation goes without problems,
but in P3D GSX is not present.
After three unsuccessful installations I gave up.
What could be the cause?

With kind regards
Horst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installation failed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:06:57 pm »
Please clarify if:

- You are missing only the GSX menu

- You are missing the GSX menu and the Couatl menu

- You are missing all FSDT menus: GSX, Couatl and the Addon Manager

Hossi

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 05:26:07 pm »
Hi,
I can't start GSX because in Addon menue is no GSX.
So I don't know how to activate GSX

Ciao
horst

Hossi

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 05:36:07 pm »
Hi,
just I startet the installation again. During the installation i got a window with a list
"select the sim to install into" The list is not active, therefore i can't selctthe P3Dv4.
After the installation i got three icons. GSX Control Panel, FSDT Live update and FSDT Installer

Ciao
Horst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 06:45:22 pm »
just I startet the installation again. During the installation i got a window with a list
"select the sim to install into" The list is not active, therefore i can't selctthe P3Dv4.

How this went from "The installation goes without problems" in your first post, to not being even able to see the sim, meaning no installation is even possible ? Which exect version is your P3D 4 ?

Hossi

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 03:15:32 am »
I have now downloaded GSX directly from FSDT and installed it. This was somewhat more successful because the add-on manager now appeared in P3Dv4.5 under the Add-on menu.
Unfortunately, the activation is aborted with this error message:
The Cuatl scripting engine hasn't started. This is usally caused by an antivirus that has blocked it. To fix this problem: Exit from the Simulator. Configure to the antivirus Exclusion list. launch FSDT Live update or reinstall the software.
I quit P3Dv4.5 as recommended, reinstalled GSX again, put the Addon Manager in the exclusion list. This measure was unsuccessful because the window with the hint appeared again.
Then I uninstalled GSX again, turned off Windows defender and reinstalled GSX again.
However, this measure was also unsuccessful. I cannot activate the software.

Ciao Horst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 10:14:42 am »
Unfortunately, the activation is aborted with this error message:
The Cuatl scripting engine hasn't started. This is usally caused by an antivirus that has blocked it. To fix this problem: Exit from the Simulator. Configure to the antivirus Exclusion list. launch FSDT Live update or reinstall the software.

The sticky thread in this very section, named "GSX Couatl scripting engine hasn't started **SOLVED** has a solution that worked for most users in the first reply:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25999.msg170573.html#msg170573

Hossi

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 10:54:34 am »
Hi,
Thanks for the hint about the FSDT Universal Installer. I was able to activate GSX immediately without any problems.
Unfortunately, I still can't start GSX in P3D. Only the Addon Manager is shown in the Addon menu, which cannot be used.
How should I proceed?
Does it make sense to deactivate GSX in the U.Installer again?
Then uninstall GSX and install it again with the U.Installer.
Then activate GSX again?
Could this solve the problem?

Ciao
Horst

Hossi

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 01:50:18 pm »
Hi,
I forgot about the live update. I have read the contributions through the posts again. So I did the update and it was successful. Now GSX
is recognised by P3Dv4.5.
Now I still have to install GSX2 and then it should be GXS should work again in the usual way.
Many thanks for your support

With greetings from Kiel North Germany
Ciao horst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 12:20:45 am »
Now I still have to install GSX2 and then it should be GXS should work again in the usual way.

You don't have to install GSX L2, haven't you noticed the installer is the same ? The website also says that, in the GSX download page, it says "Includes Level 2 Expansion" over the download button:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

That is to explain there's just one installer, which installs every file needed by both GSX and GSX L2, what makes GSX L2 working is the license activation, which is made with its own specific GSX L2 activation key so, once that key is activated, GSX will activate all the L2 features, no need to install anything else.