Author Topic: staricases wont move  (Read 2487 times)

SN737

staricases wont move
« on: February 18, 2022, 01:12:51 am »
If I set front and rear baggage loaders to none, staircases wont move and passengers wont appear.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: staricases wont move
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 04:35:13 am »
Going to need a lot more information than that. For starters, which airplane, which simulator, and I guess which airport.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 11:15:21 am »
I don't think it will work if you set *BOTH* baggage loaders to None, at least one should be present.

SN737

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 02:05:07 pm »
Sim: p3dv5.3 latest HF
Aircraft: NGXu
Airport: EGGW from UK2000

What is very strange is that the same gsx configuration at walk-in gates at EGSS do work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 02:10:24 pm »
Please clarify if you still have disabled both baggage loaders.

SN737

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 02:50:10 pm »
Yes, both baggage loaders are set to=none in both airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 07:02:46 pm »
Yes, both baggage loaders are set to=none in both airports

And is it fixed, if you apply my previous suggestion of not disabling both at the same time ?

SN737

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 07:41:00 pm »
What? This worked with previous gsx versions (pre walk-in gates), now it wont anymore?

SN737

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 12:24:13 am »
I now found out that, with "none" of baggages loaders selected it works, BUT only when rear staircase is the small one, whenever gsx decides to bring the bigger rear staircase, that's when passengers wont appear and stairs won't move.

SN737

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2022, 12:31:22 am »
Another find on this, when disable staircases is selected, the staircases will appear, but will work only if the 2 smaller ones appear. But if disable staircases is not selected (which is what I wanted) which ever staircase appear, big or small it works. Conclusion: disable staircases doesn't have to be selected for gsx walk-in to work. But if it is selected, the staircases will still appear, which is what would have to be corrected. Hope it helps someone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 09:51:05 am »
Conclusion: disable staircases doesn't have to be selected for gsx walk-in to work. But if it is selected, the staircases will still appear, which is what would have to be corrected.

Why you think it should be corrected ?

That's done intentionally: if you disable the Passenger Bus AND you Disable the Staircases, the "Disable Staircases" setting is ignored on purpose, otherwise passengers won't have any way to exit the airplane! Of course, if the airplane has an embedded staircase ( which of course must be configured for GSX to know about it ), that's taken into account as well.

SN737

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 05:05:02 pm »
I stated that even though the disable staircases is selected both staircases still will appear but wont work. And as I said, before the walk-in version if you set baggage loader to none, both staircases worked and passangers boarded. Now it does not! You obviously changed something. So that's the only thing I posted here, a bug that I found that doesn't let me use gsx as I previously did.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 10:32:33 pm »
I stated that even though the disable staircases is selected both staircases still will appear but wont work.

You said that, but that's not what I see. As I've said, if you disable the Passenger bus to enable walk-in gates, the "disable staircase" setting is completely IGNORED, on purpose. I just checked it now, they all work.

before the walk-in version if you set baggage loader to none, both staircases worked and passangers boarded. Now it does not! You obviously changed something.

Yes, we changed exactly that. We fixed the problem of not seeing passengers if you made the mistake of disabling both the Bus and the Stairs which would happen in the previous version. Now it won't happen anymore, because even if you disable Stairs, if you also disable the bus, the stairs will come ( and will work ) anyway.

Just to be sure: how you disable both baggage loaders ? In the airplane configuration or in the parking spot configuration ?

SN737

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2022, 07:12:11 pm »
In the parking spot configuration. Something is going on, since I recently only enabled one baggage and stairs wouldn't move also. But in some airports this works, even removing both baggage loaders everything works ok, it's strange. Hope you can figure it out. Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 07:15:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 07:18:05 pm »
Hope you can figure it out. Thanks for the help

We surely can't without reproduction steps. I hope you are not expecting we'd try random airports until we find one that might explain it. That is to say: make a precise and detailed report, with reproductions steps, that's the only real change to have bugs fixed.