Author Topic: Fuel and Boarding Not Completing **SOLVED**  (Read 2833 times)

FOD

Fuel and Boarding Not Completing **SOLVED**
« on: February 10, 2022, 05:46:00 pm »
Had GSX and L2 for many years without issues.  However, after a forced wn10 reset a couple of weeks ago, I reinstalled GSX L2 along with all my other sims etc.  Since then I have also received 2 updates for FSDT.. All seemed well until I realised a problem with actions not completing.

For both fueling and boarding, the animations run perfectly with vehicles arriving, fueling being completed as planned and pax loading correctly with vehicles then leaving and doors closing.  However, the messages still show fuel truck in place and luggage being loaded.  As a result I cannot progress to pushback unless I restart GSX.

I have tried a reinstall etc and checked the settings with no change. As far as know I am using the same setup and procedures I have always used so I attach the log from my last trip which includess resetting GSX to allow a pushback.
V grateful for any help - many thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 11:42:03 pm by virtuali »

MediocreGorilla

Re: Fuel and Boarding Not Completing
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 07:44:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

I can confirm this. It seems to be introduced with the latest update (the stairs-bug one), everything was working fine before.

hargetnj

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 07:57:24 pm »
Also, adding to this.. I'm getting as very delayed start in boarding with the FSLabs (Haven't flown anything else since update), Fueling comes pretty quick but boarding is not starting for quite a few minutes after requested.

hargetnj

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 08:01:16 pm »
Also, adding to this.. I'm getting as very delayed start in boarding with the FSLabs (Haven't flown anything else since update), Fueling comes pretty quick but boarding is not starting for quite a few minutes after requested.

Also, while doing a Key West turn, I was unable to start boarding while using airstairs following fueling.
These bugs must have just surfaced through the last few updates.

hargetnj

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 08:22:07 pm »

Also, while doing a Key West turn, I was unable to start boarding while using airstairs following fueling.
These bugs must have just surfaced through the last few updates.

Last things to add as I push back from Gate 50 in MCO bound for PHL.. Boarding never started until I reset.. GSX being used for some reason is inhibiting sim keys such as Q for Sound on/off, M for mute with FS2Crew, T for UGCX until restarted. When GSX is Not in use, these keys work..
I'm not sure if having "Estimate Passengers" has maybe had an affect on the boarding but it used to not.. Will have to test more. I have turned it on and it worked but this was following a reboot of GSX.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 01:43:24 pm »
I'm also experiencing this issue since the latest Live Update. Both refuelling and boarding will not complete - using P3D 5.3 HF2 and PMDG 747 400F. I need to reset to request pushback.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 01:45:41 pm »
I'm also experiencing this issue since the latest Live Update. Both refuelling and boarding will not complete - using P3D 5.3 HF2 and PMDG 747 400F. I need to reset to request pushback.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "the latest Live Update". With the one released yesterday, the problem should be fixed.

frrilay

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 02:35:48 pm »

Same issue here with FSLabs.

Steps to reproduce:
1. request refueling
2. request boarding

Fuel truck is staying in position according to GSX even though it left physically, which prevents baggage loading.
What I have tried:
- rebuilding airport cache
- running the live updater
- reinstalling FSLabs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 02:44:49 pm »
Please try with a default airplane (or any plane that doesn't control GSX by itself ), because we need to understand if it's related to the fact FS Labs is controlling GSX.

frrilay

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 03:00:29 pm »
Same issue apparently.

Thank you for your support.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 03:06:58 pm »
Same issue apparently.

Please provide the precise, exact, reproduction steps.

MediocreGorilla

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 03:22:01 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I just ran the update, unfortunately same issue for me still.

Repro steps are quite easy: Independent of the aircraft (tested with FSL 320, PMDG 737-800 and CS 767), whenever I request boarding, the process will commence as usual, people and carts will show up, the plane gets loaded, but the boarding status never advances to "completed". Once everything is loaded, it's stuck in "Baggage loading in progress".

Let me know if you need any more details.

frrilay

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2022, 03:27:40 pm »
1. request refueling: the truck comes in position and refuel, then leaves.
2. request boarding: passengers will board but GSX will get stuck on baggage loading because it seems to think refueling is still in progress.

If you omit step 1 (no refueling) then boarding works as expected.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2022, 03:29:35 pm »
The issue is, your description of the problem sound exactly as it was, for a very short time, BEFORE today's update. Do you see bags/container being loaded ? If no, then you don't have the latest version so, run the Update again.

Of course, before posting, I tried the reproduction sequence you reported here, that is just Boarding and nothing else, with two different airplanes:

- The default 737 imported from FSX

- The QW787

In both cases, Boarding completed normally.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2022, 03:35:16 pm »
If you omit step 1 (no refueling) then boarding works as expected

Ok, that's a new information.

The other poster said it was enough to just call Boarding. You are saying instead that, in order to reproduce the bug, one must refuel first. That's completely difference and that's why I ask to always give the complete sequence, because it matters a lot.