Author Topic: GSX menu not showing up **SOLVED**  (Read 5162 times)

TomPoreda

GSX menu not showing up **SOLVED**
« on: January 24, 2022, 10:37:51 pm »
Good Evening, My GSX Menu is not showing up.
All is working put the GSX Menu isnt.
The wheelchocks appear but the menu does not open, have reinstalled GSX and even P3D
Antivirus is off
VC++ all reinstalled
But nothing happend
Any solution?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Q5uhhJTb8
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 01:46:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu not showing up
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 10:51:30 pm »
I see you posted it now, but your video is from March 2021. I can read from the comment you said it was P3D 5 but, of course, between March last year and now, there have been many updates in between and, you are not saying which version you are using now.

In general, when you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" and the traffic cones are generated, it means GSX started normally so, anything you might have read about antivirus or installation or the the airport cache, doesn't apply here because, if you had any of these problems, you wouldn't even see GSX in the Addons menu and if there was a problem with the airport cache ( or the antivirus interfering with its creation ), you wouldn't see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message, which is the final indication that everything's right with GSX.

If you just don't see the menu, it's might be related to an issue with the menu itself, there has been a lot of issues along the history of P3D, sometime the menu breaks and it was almost unusable until the latest HF2, which seems to be improved.

However, it also depends how you installed/updated the sim. Uninstalling GSX won't obviously fix this ( since it's no a GSX problem to begin with ) and even uninstalling the whole sim might not fix it, because even a full reinstall won't remove your preferences. The only thing that usually work is:

- Uninstall the sim.

- Reinstall it using the FULL installer, that is P3D 5.3 HF2. No, add-ons won't require to be reinstalled, if you use the same folder as before.

- Before launching it for the first time, use the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut, which will clean up all your preferences. And no, even if this will remove your .CFG files, add-ons ( like GSX ) that use the add-on.xml won't need to be reinstalled. Only those that still use the legacy scenery.cfg method will.

That option is very useful to clean up any settings that might have been carried over from previous installs that might not compatible with an upgrade, and should be the first thing to try if you have stability issues.

jasperk

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 11:22:30 pm »
Good day,

I have the same issue since P3Dv5.3 HF2.
After reading this topic I have tried all the steps: Uninstall the sim -> Reinstall with full installer -> Deleted generated files -> run FSDT updater as admin.

I see the traffic cones and all, but the menu is still not visible.

Might there be other options that one can think of?

update 26-01

After Install of the P3dv5.3HF2 client, and reinstall of GSX with the latest installer from the website. The menu works again and I am able to use GSX.

Kind regards,

Jasper
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:24:10 pm by jasperk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 01:31:12 am »
After Install of the P3dv5.3HF2 client, and reinstall of GSX with the latest installer from the website. The menu works again and I am able to use GSX.

Of course it works again: the bug in P3D 5.2/5.3 related to the Simconnect menu should be fixed in 5.3 HF2. it was never a GSX problem to begin with.