Author Topic: How to add a gate  (Read 1592 times)

mseder

How to add a gate
« on: January 27, 2022, 05:48:19 pm »
Hi

How do I add a gate to the GSX world.
All gates are there for an airport (DAAG) except for one (W10) that do exist in Navigraph, in my ATC program but not in FSX.
I tried to just add it in the ini-file but it didn't show up after starting the sim and in the configuration. ("Customize airport position").
Static gates disabled and GSX gates added except for one

Mats

GSX 2 + FSX

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: How to add a gate
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 06:59:44 pm »
Mats, just to clarify, when you say the gate isn't there, are you able to physically select the gate in the simulator. If not, that would be down to the AFCAD.
Captain Kevin

mseder

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 07:03:45 pm »
Hi

No it's not there in the sim (FSX).
So if I understand you right, then it will not be accessible to GSX either!
And I have to change the AFCAD file, hmm would that be possible in the app Airport Inspector (if you know about that one)?

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 10:30:44 pm »
Before a gate can be seen in GSX, it must be seen by the sim first so yes, you must add the gate with an AFCAD editor, I suggest using Airport Design Editor ( ADE ), which is free and constantly updated.

The procedure is likely different if the scenery is default, or it's a 3rd party, but here is not really the place to learn about editing airports. The only thing you can be sure of, if you have a proper AFCAD for any airport, GSX WILL use it, provided you place it on an higher level in the Scenery Library, higher than the airport you are trying to modify.

The most important thing is, to be used by GSX, an airport should be self-contained, meaning it should contain at least one parking, a runway, and some taxiway layout. If your modified AFCAD satisfies this conditions, GSX can use it. What you cannot do, is create a small "enhancement" AFCAD, perhaps with just the missing parking. GSX won't use it in this case, since it will only use ONE AFCAD at a time. GSX is not able to take data from multiple AFCADs at once and "merge" them in memory to use all the info, that's why the AFCAD must be self-contained.

mseder

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 11:36:07 pm »
Many thanks Virtuali