Author Topic: How to report that Chocks are set?  (Read 1647 times)

Fragtality

How to report that Chocks are set?
« on: January 29, 2022, 01:10:28 pm »
How can I report to GSX that the Chocks are set, so that the Parking Brake can be released and GSX not reporting/altering to set it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to report that Chocks are set?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 10:05:00 am »
You don't have to report anything, GSX will recognize them automatically as an alternative to the Parking Brake, allowing to release it.

Of course, this works only on supported planes. Since Wheel Chocks are not a simulator standard system, there's no such thing as a standard variable we could check for every plane so, they must be supported individually in the GSX internal configuration, and right now is not possible to customize it for users ( I guess we might add it, the capability it's there, we only need to add an UI ).

At this time, the airplanes supported with a Wheel Chocks feature in GSX are:

- Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321
- Aerosoft Airbus A330
- Captain Sim 707
- Captain Sim 727
- Captain Sim 757
- Captain Sim 767
- Captain Sim 777
- Fs Labs Airbus A319/A320/A321
- Fs Labs Concorde
- PMDG 737-600/700/800/900
- PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 NGXu
- PMDG 747-400/800
- PMDG 777-200/300
- Qualitywings 757 200/300
- Qualitywings Avro Rj-70/85/100
- Tfdi Design 717

Fragtality

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 02:32:27 pm »
An Lvar which we could write to would be more than enough ...

So depending on the grace of Addon Developers to improve their Products ... guess I'll just leave the Parking Brake on forever.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 03:37:57 pm »
Please clarify, do you mean:

- you wanted for GSX to recognize Wheel chocks even on planes that don't have that system, so you would write some kind of script to write a variable ?

OR

- you have a plane that does have Wheel chocks, but it's not supported by GSX ? If yes, please indicate which one, because it can be added.

Fragtality

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 08:07:35 pm »
Kind of both: A Plane that has Chocks, not supported by GSX, hopped I could just write to a GSX Lvar in the Integration-Scripts I have for that Plane.

Edit, forgot the Plane: it's the QW 787 (@P3D 5.3 HF2). Just wrote a couple of Scripts that for e.g. set the Chocks and Ext Power when the Jetway is connected and even a Program that can automatically & progressive load the Aircraft (Fuel + Pax) with the Weights from Simbrief. Kinda strange that I can on one Hand so easily integrate with GSX but on other hand just can't report that the Chocks are set.^^
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:17:04 pm by Fragtality »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 11:05:50 am »
Kind of both: A Plane that has Chocks, not supported by GSX, hopped I could just write to a GSX Lvar in the Integration-Scripts I have for that Plane.

Much better in this case just asking for the custom Chocks variable to be added, so nobody has to write anything and everybody can enjoy that increased support.

Edit, forgot the Plane: it's the QW 787 (@P3D 5.3 HF2).

Ok, I'll check that, it's really easy for use to add Chocks support for any airplane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2022, 12:05:36 pm »
We added support for Wheel Chocks for  the QW 787 series.

Fragtality

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 12:08:50 pm »

Much better in this case just asking for the custom Chocks variable to be added, so nobody has to write anything and everybody can enjoy that increased support.

Would be great if that could be added! :) That was the original intent for the Question - something I can set so GSX knows it is okay when I release the Brakes ;)

We added support for Wheel Chocks for  the QW 787 series.

Great, thanks!