Author Topic: Icing/engine start warning three times  (Read 1736 times)

airbadger

Icing/engine start warning three times
« on: December 20, 2021, 02:02:05 pm »
In icing conditions, the pushback guy is telling me to delay starting my engines no less than three times: once when I request pushback, again when asking for brakes release, and then yet again when starting the push. Is this not a tad excessive?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Icing/engine start warning three times
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 04:28:18 pm »
Interesting. I've never had it do that when asking for the brakes to be released, though I have had it do that for the other two. That said, I would think that doing it when starting the push would be enough. Having it do it when requesting the push doesn't make sense because presumably, the headset isn't even connected yet.
Captain Kevin

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 02:03:46 pm »
Video of the three warnings (sorry for the audio mixing, but you can still hear it ok): https://streamable.com/kbnzq3. This after de-icing, but it also happens after declining de-icing.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 03:12:14 pm »
Okay, I've never actually used the Quick Pushback function, so I don't know if that has anything to do with why the warning went out. Try conducting a pushback without using the Quick Pushback and see if you get the warning then.
Captain Kevin

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 07:24:26 pm »
Okay, I've never actually used the Quick Pushback function, so I don't know if that has anything to do with why the warning went out. Try conducting a pushback without using the Quick Pushback and see if you get the warning then.

Looks like that might be it. I tried a normal pushback based on AFCAD nodes in icing conditions and it only warned me twice (still excessive, but whatever). Hopefully this is enough info for a bug fix...

airbadger

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 01:17:42 pm »
I see this bug still exists in the latest update. Any chance of a fix in the future?