Author Topic: Visual docking not working **SOLVED**  (Read 1479 times)

CS-TMT

Visual docking not working **SOLVED**
« on: October 03, 2021, 11:09:10 pm »
Good evening!
I am having an issue with GSX in that no VDGS is working, as if no electricity feeds the panels. Only the marshaller works.
MK Studios Lisbon which I believe have integration with the ones from GSX aren't working. I added a few on default London Heathrow with the GSX airport customisation (I don't fly there that much, so I didn't matter a scenery other than default), the same happens. Restarted P3D hooing that a restart would solve the problem, but it didn't. Added two APIS to a custom scenery made with Airport Design Editor... Same thing. I have Simwings Madrid Professional and the built in visual docking are working well, but I think they don't have GSX integration because although they're working, the marshaller also appears, giving independent information.
I am on P3Dv4.5 HF3 GSX-GSXv2 with latest updates, just updated Nvidia drivers to latest (had the second latest until yesterday).
I have Tomatoshade installed, but after clearing shader cache, the issue isn't solved. Also tried restoring default shaders and completely remove Tomatoshade but it didn't solve.
I have Disable RTT UNCHECKED on Addon Manager as indicated in other topics, which solved the problem for other people, but not for me (was already unchecked and in fact I tried it both checked and unchecked, restarting P3D in between).
Tried both with a flight plan loaded and without and had no difference.
Tried with five different aircraft, both default and FSL A319, A320 "classic" as well as sharklet, PMDG 777 and QW 787. All the same. I believe I had them working not long ago IIRC, but since a few weeks (I believe first days of September) they don't work anymore. No changes were made to the sim, other than updating GSX-GSXv2 which was done again yesterday.
Any clues?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 08:34:55 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Visual docking not working
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 09:48:13 am »
VGDS in GSX are not made using RTT so, nothing about that option will have any effect on them, and so nothing related to video drivers will also any effect on them. The only thing that uses RTT ( in P3D V4 only ), is the distance readout but, the rest should always work.

Are you sure what you see are GSX VGDS ? Which type, exactly ? See the following video, showing how to add one, and that works just fine.

CS-TMT

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 09:49:28 pm »
Dear Umberto, greetings and thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I was unable to come here quick enough to prevent you from writing.
I must say that the error was, of course, due to my dumb-ness and no issue at all regarding GSX itself. Yesterday I did a flight from another airport (with no VGDS) to MK Lisbon. To my surprise, when I arrived at the gate in Lisbon, all was indeed working as supposed. I found out that it only works when I am arriving at the gate from "outside" and, when I load the aircraft (or put a new VGDS somewhere) it actually doesn't immediately work, which, probably is as it was supposed all the time. When I come from outside, the docking actually works with no issues. So feel free to delete or close this topic if you wish!
Thanks again for your reply! And sorry for my dumbness! ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:34:46 am »
I found out that it only works when I am arriving at the gate from "outside" and, when I load the aircraft (or put a new VGDS somewhere) it actually doesn't immediately work, which, probably is as it was supposed all the time.

More precisely, the VGDS will turn on when you select a gate, like any other GSX service. The only difference is that, like jetways, VGDS will always show (as static objects) if present in a GSX profile, while other GSX vehicles will only be created when a gate is activated.

CS-TMT

Re: Visual docking not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 10:36:57 pm »
Understood! And that's exactly what happens to me, so all is right in the Kingdom of Denmark ;D and everywhere :D