Author Topic: GSX passenger/baggage loading is broken with FSLabs A320 **SOLVED**  (Read 1839 times)

BernhardS

Since one of the last updates of GSX (p3dv5) I have the problem that at a parking spot only 4 passengers arrive with a bus although it should be 140 passengers. And a baggage cart with only 1 baggage trailer arrives although it should be 3 or 4 trailers. In the end FSLabs loads the correct passenger/baggage amount from the simbrief flightplan but passenger amount jumps from 4 to 140 and payload jumps from 0 to full in 1 second. So there must be something wrong with GSX.
My last update of FSLabs was before GSX updates, so nothing has changed with the airplane. Of course GSX works perfectly before the GSX updates. The same problem does exist at a gate where only 4 passengers walk through a jetway.

Bernhard
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:01:21 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX passenger/baggage loading is broken with FSLabs A320
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 03:19:44 pm »
Nothing has changed in the way GSX reads the number of passengers in the last update, which is:

- From the airplane total weight, if no better information is available

- Reading the value of the FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS variable, which are supposed to be set by the airplane code

- Directly from the user input, if the "Estimate passenger number" option is disabled.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:39:17 pm by virtuali »

BernhardS

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 04:42:08 pm »
Nothing has changed in the way FSLabs works. No new updates of FSLabs since the 1.169 July version. So for me its obvious where the fault is!
Only workaround I have: Start boarding within MCDU FSLabs - disable GSX - enable GSX - start boarding again. After that, GSX sends the correct number of passengers and 3 baggage cart trailers.

Bernhard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 06:15:48 pm »
I'm very sorry guys, but I found the problem and, this time it was MY FAULT.

I was trying to Debug the issues using the Debug version of GSX, so I could manually set the variables, and that worked fine, so I couldn't explain why it happened to you so, after hours and hours of debug, and checking, and going through every line of code in the Addon Manager, Couatl, GSX, step by step, I finally found the cause:

I must inadvertently removed ONE LINE of code in the RELEASE (only) version of GSX and this one was exactly the one that resets all GSX variables to 0 when GSX starts!

The line was still there in the Debug version, which is what I had to use to troubleshoot the problem, and that was what mislead me thinking it was all fine, because it was, in Debug mode...

Without that initial reset, all those variables were unknown to the sim, until something else wrote to them, which could have been either the airplane code, but also my tests made using the command line, which further mislead me it was working correctly because, while testing, I "woke up" the variables which were otherwise not initialized.

The fix is of course already online now in the FSDT Live Updater, and I apologize again for all the troubles caused. I'm sure this will fix any similar issue of problems with GSX airplane integration.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 10:00:04 pm by virtuali »

Tim-HH

Re: GSX passenger/baggage loading is broken with FSLabs A320 **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 04:50:05 pm »
Hello Umberto,

that's awesome to hear! Thank you very much for the quick fix!

Greetings
Tim