Author Topic: GSX Missing "Add-Ons" Menu tab  (Read 1505 times)

cgower460

GSX Missing "Add-Ons" Menu tab
« on: January 01, 2021, 07:47:16 am »
Hi!

So I bought GSX and GSX - Level 2, installed it, and it's showing that its installed but my "Add-Ons" tab in the FSX overhead menu is missing. I've already tried re-installing several times, with no help.
I Have a Product key but i'm unaware on how to activate it, would that be my problem? I'm new to all this GSX stuff and I could use some much appreciated help from the masters!

I have already fully read the GSX manual, and tried everything it recommends, with the same result.

Windows 7 x64

Thanks.

-cgower460

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Missing "Add-Ons" Menu tab
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:14:33 pm »
You mean you are missing the entire "Addons" menu ? Do you have other addons that are supposed that menu, or it's just GSX ? Do you have it "before" and it disappeared, or you never had it ?

Windows 7 x64

I'm afraid this might be a problem: as you can see from the system requirements, Windows 8.1 or higher is supported, since after Windows 7 came entirely out of support last year, we removed from the supported OS, since we cannot guaranteed anything will work on it after Microsoft stop support ( any updates of the C++ runtime libraries we need to compile the software might break it ).

So, while I cannot say for sure the software isn't running because of Windows 7, it's impossible for us to verify that, which is why we only list 8.1 as a minimum requirement. Of course, since all our products are sold in TRIAL version, you can try to install it to see if it works on an unsupported OS, but if it doesn't, we cannot help you much there, since nobody is testing Windows 7 anymore right now, considering it has been more a whole year since it went completely unsupported.

cgower460

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 03:28:04 am »
Yes, Only GSX is installed, but since it's on Win 7 its looking like i'll just have to file for a refund. Sadly. :(

I do appreciate the help though!

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 04:11:24 am »
dont  like  your chances of getting  a refund since  there is  nothing  wromg  with the  addon, plus  there  is  a trial period  you  could  have  choosen  to see if  it  works.   Plus  using  windows  7  you will  find  other  issues  appearing  as well  since  its  not  being  updated  any  more   in  protection etc.