Author Topic: Simconnect Menu Issues in P3Dv5.1HF1  (Read 2909 times)

canadagoose

Simconnect Menu Issues in P3Dv5.1HF1
« on: December 09, 2020, 10:25:38 pm »
Ever since I updated to P3Dv5.1HF1 I am having problems with the "simconnect" Menu in P3D. Everything runs normally when I start a session, I use CTRL+F12 to open the GSX Menu. When I am on the ground at the destination airport I press CTRL+F12 and the menu does not come up. FYI, I also run ProATC-x, everything runs as it should at the start of the session, I can bring up the ATC menu, then during cruise I can bring the menu up but it is frozen and I cannot click on it (it is not responding), and I have to manually close the window. Maybe it is a simconnect problem and LM has to work it out (I have posted the issue in their forums as well)? I don't know. I had no issues prior to P3Dv5.1. I rebuilt the couatl data base and tried CTRL+F12 again, still the same issue, I do not get a pop-up Menu for GSX. There seems to be a conflict with simconnect somewhere during every P3D session I have. Again it works fine at the start, but does not end well.

Regards

canadagoose

Re: Simconnect Menu Issues in P3Dv5.1HF1
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 08:01:22 pm »
Contacted LM, this was their reply:

Contact your Add-on developers

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Maybe it's just the proverbial "Passing the buck"??? All I know is GSX stops working at the end of any P3D session.

Regards

ahuimanu

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:42:37 pm »
Several of us have experienced this.  On this specific issue, my experience so far is that if P3D points you here, then "here" points you "there." 

However, since I dispensed with "confirm good engine start," I haven't had this problem since.  However, if you do not have "confirm good engine start" selected as an option, then maybe my "fix" won't help you.

canadagoose

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 06:50:36 pm »
Thanks for that! Yes I do have "confirm good engine start" selected, so I will deselect that and give it a try. That may just do the trick. I will report back. Thanks again.

ahuimanu

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 05:08:16 am »
When I ran the FSDT Live Update earlier, I noticed that some files related to these menus were downloaded in the update.  Maybe some magic has been applied.

Jetzuri

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 09:47:51 am »

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Maybe it's just the proverbial "Passing the buck"??? All I know is GSX stops working at the end of any P3D session.

Regards

Note that he's not actually LM and it's not his "buck" to pass. The LM developers have their names in red.
Regards,

Alan

canadagoose

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 10:52:14 pm »
When I ran the FSDT Live Update earlier, I noticed that some files related to these menus were downloaded in the update.  Maybe some magic has been applied.

Just did a flight and everything went well, so maybe we're all set now.

Thanks

canadagoose

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 10:56:14 pm »

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Regards

Note that he's not actually LM and it's not his "buck" to pass. The LM developers have their names in red.

Thanks