Author Topic: GSX not starting, airports not displaying  (Read 4828 times)

LukeK

GSX not starting, airports not displaying
« on: November 06, 2020, 08:54:05 pm »
Had a situation at FSDT JFK today where the airport didn't display, nor did GSX start. Add-On manager was visible but said everything was in trial mode (even if no terminals visible). Using P3D v4.5.14 and the PMDG 777-200LR. Restart P3D and all was well. I am enclosing both log files - it looks like things never started properly the first time around (race condition?)

Cheers!

Luke

SloAir

Re: GSX not starting, airports not displaying
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 08:00:05 pm »
I have the same issue but in P3DV5. Everything is in trial mode, GSX controls are visible in the menu, but when I click on anything nothing happens. The GSX menu shortcut does not work as well, no airports are showing. I tried reinstalling and updating several times, but nothing seems to help. After I quit P3D I get a message that my licences for certain products are active.

What else can I try or check?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 12:39:09 am »
I have the same issue but in P3DV5. Everything is in trial mode, GSX controls are visible in the menu, but when I click on anything nothing happens.

That's no Trial mode. Trial mode means GSX will work normally, but only at 3 Trial airports and all FSDT airports. That's Trial mode.

After I quit P3D I get a message that my licences for certain products are active.

Please clarify which message you are referring to.

SloAir

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 06:44:49 pm »
Sorry, let me explain in more detail:

I had all my products installed and they were working perfectly. Then I started getting messages when starting P3D for the first time since a shutdown/restart 'The product 'FSDreamTeam ...' is installed but not active on your PC. Do you want to activate now? This was for some of my products, not all. When the flight loaded, I was not able to start GSX. SHIFT+F12 did not work, I could go to the menu and select GSX and show GSX controls, but that did not work as well. If I opened the addon manager, GSX is listed as 'in trial mode' but if I clicked on register serial my serial was already entered in the box. If I loaded a FSDreamTeam airport, no objects were showing. Once I exited the sim, the licence wizard opens and asks me if I want to activate or deactivate licende for certain products, but for all of them it is listed that my licence is valid.

I tried unistalling/reinstalling every product, running the updater a few times, but nothing helped so far. It has happened before that GSX did not want to start, but a restart or update always solved that, but in this case I have not been able to figure out what might be the problem by myself.

SloAir

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 07:37:37 pm »
Bumping this up if there are any ideas what to try to get my products back working?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 09:17:54 pm »
The product 'FSDreamTeam ...' is installed but not active on your PC. Do you want to activate now?

This because you have an activation key in your registry which needs to be activated. You usually say yes, but here you don't say what you did, or if you got any errors and if you have, which ones.

SloAir

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 06:03:43 pm »
I tried both, clicking yes on all of them and no of all of them, but it does not change the fact that I cannot start GSX or use any command for GSX. Also it is strange that even after clicking yes and activating the product and checking that in the addon manager, it happens again the next time I restart my computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 04:45:25 pm »
I tried both, clicking yes on all of them and no of all of them, but it does not change the fact that I cannot start GSX or use any command for GSX. Also it is strange that even after clicking yes and activating the product and checking that in the addon manager, it happens again the next time I restart my computer.

I think you are missing the point. Fact the activation doesn't seem to "stay", doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the fact GSX "doesn't start". Without activation, GSX will work perfectly, just on the 3 Trial airports so, the thing that is supposed to happen if you are running with no activation for any reason, is that GSX will either work on the 3 Trial airports ( or FSDT airports ) OR will give a menu telling you it's running in Trial if you try to use it on another airport.

So, before worrying about activation, first confirm if GSX is working in Trial mode.

SloAir

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 11:28:27 pm »
This is how GSX is listed in my addon manager, as active.

http://shrani.si/f/k/nx/4xI2p7vb/gsx-addon-manager.jpg

I can select all the menu comands, but nothing happens whatever I try to choose or use.

Additionaly for example JFK V2 is listed as installed and active (On the left is the license message I  get every time I quit P3D):

http://shrani.si/f/3N/138/2GZ9A9DQ/addon-manager.jpg

But this is how it looks:

http://shrani.si/f/2z/wG/4VfQ0EgM/kjfkv2.jpg
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:15:23 pm by virtuali »

SloAir

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 07:48:59 pm »
I have updated everything now - P3D to the newest version, FSDreamTeam live update,... but my issues still stay the same.

- Every time I start P3D it asks me if I want to activate certain products, even though they are listed as active even if I don't and have been active and working before.
- GSX is not responding at all, despite both versions being listed as active and not in trial or any other mode.
- JFK and some other airports are not showing at all, despite being shown as active and installed in the addon manager.

SloAir

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2020, 05:27:20 pm »
Checked again today and notice that now all of my products are now listed as installed, in trial mode:

http://shrani.si/f/C/12y/3qlSVfUm/addonord.jpg

And when I click on register serial, the serial is already entered in the box:

http://shrani.si/f/2N/34/4QHkRsZk/serial.jpg

But once I click OK, nothing happens, and the airport looks like this:

http://shrani.si/f/2/mi/4yiNYrFM/ord.jpg

GSX does not work either now when it is in trial mode.

I am out of ideas  :) let me know if I should provide any additional details and what I can try to get everything back working. I own almost all of the products and really enjoy them and it is a shame I am not able to use them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:15:45 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2020, 06:17:49 pm »
This is how GSX is listed in my addon manager, as active.

http://shrani.si/f/k/nx/4xI2p7vb/gsx-addon-manager.jpg

That's NOT GSX which is active. That's GSX Level 2. They are two separate products, each one with its own activation key, and you must activate them both.

SloAir

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 10:09:29 pm »
Yes, I know, but the situation is the same with both, GSX and GSX level 2... they are listed as in trial mode now, but both have their serial numbers entered when I select register serial. Before they were listed as active and both had their serial numbers entered. And as mentioned, everything worked perfectly up until a month ago. I have also seen at least two threads here with other users experiencing similar issues.

And this does not explain any of my airports showing up, should I start a separate thread for that in their selected forums or can we try to find a solution for that here? I tested with JFK, ORD, LAX, HNL,... and it is the same everywhere.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 11:04:04 am »
Is GSX working normally in Trial ?

SloAir

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 05:46:40 pm »
No, it is the same now in trial mode as it was before when it was active. I am not able to launch it either via the keyboard shortcut or via the menu.