Author Topic: Orphan jetway  (Read 1705 times)

flugmatz

Orphan jetway
« on: September 06, 2020, 11:56:47 am »
Hi, after replacement of all default JWs at EDDM (Munich Mega, FSX) with GSX L2 JWs (SODE) there is one at Gate 163 that can not be modified or removed. GSX Message "No jetway at this position"- though I can see it (but badly placed- ref. exhibit 1). Also the respective *.ini file: No entry for gate 163.
When I costumize the gate with "has 1 jetway" then I can see two JWs at the same position overlapping. The gate itself is correctly installed according ADE (ref. exhibit 2). All other gates in this area (141 to 164) are correct and working.
Any idea?
Best
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Orphan jetway
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 10:04:30 pm »
Has the AFCAD updated/changed since you first started customizing the airport with GSX ?  Is GSX reading the correct one ( check the name in the customization page ) ?

flugmatz

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 10:19:48 pm »
Yes- it has been changed.
Yes- GSX reads the same *bgl that I have changed.
The latter is correctly registered in the corresponding ini-file.

Should I replace the above (changed) *bgl with the backuped one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:37:27 pm »
It depends what has changed.

If it's related to that parking, it might be exactly the cause of the problem, so the GSX .INI is not matching the AFCAD configuration anymore, so you might have to edit the .INI file manually, because GSX cannot keep track of parking spots that might have changed their names since the configuration started.

flugmatz

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 11:54:18 am »
Ok- meanwhile I emptied die entire INI. The orphan is gone now, but all the other ones also. Looks like a lot of boring work to bring them back one by one...
Txs for the hint.