Author Topic: GSX Window not displaying  (Read 2883 times)

lchannell

GSX Window not displaying
« on: August 08, 2020, 06:21:13 pm »
P3Dv5 FSLabs A320X

I have the following problems since installing GSX and GSX 2 (only purchased last week).

The GSX Window often fails to show when I command CTRL+SHIFT+F12 or CTRL+F12.  Disabling and re enabling GSX does not fix it!

Also

Having installed GSX, I have now lost my cabin announcements in the A320X

All help apprecaiated

Thank you

lchannell

Re: GSX Window not displaying
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 11:21:54 pm »
Resolved the FSLabs issue with PA sound.  I loaded using GSX, but GSX does not add the pax to the FSLabs A320.

Still having the same GSX issue though.

After the flight, the GSX window will not show. 

I have used P3D Panel manager and opened the SimConnect window and it shows that the GSX-Pushback in progress dialog???  (I have just landed)

It will not let me Abort -Simply closes the window and does nothing!   Closing GSX and re enabling GSX does nothing, Resetting Couatl settings does not help.

Not sure if it helps but I get no GSX intercom either.

Since my last post I have reinstalled the A320.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 10:11:59 pm »
Does it happen with another airplane, one that doesn't control GSX ?

justasmo

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 07:22:07 am »
I too never see the menu. Just purchased / installed tonight.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 01:24:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 01:25:02 pm »

Please clarify if your problem is the same as the one discussed in this thread, which seems to be related to the FS Labs A320 only.

justasmo

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 02:25:51 pm »

Please clarify if your problem is the same as the one discussed in this thread, which seems to be related to the FS Labs A320 only.

The aircraft used is the PMDG 737 NGXu. The issue is when I try to invoke the GSX window it does not appear and therefore neither does the functionality.

-Braun

justasmo

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 12:15:59 am »
Hello, I have spent the better part of a half day between last night and this am attempting to get this software to run as designed. During the multiple installations I saw various components work (Couatl you control for example) but never was I able to see the menu for gsx and when I tried to force it by using the drop down under addons/GSX I only get a sound much like an error message sound, like “Boing!”  Someone else in another thread reported this boing sound so I’m not alone.

Without sounding boastful, I will say I’ve been using computers and flight swimming for over thirty years. Following installation instructions is not difficult but when I follow yours the install does not occur correctly so I need some help else I’ll just shelve your software and not user again (gsx/gsx2 bundle)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 10:58:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 11:05:39 pm »
During the multiple installations I saw various components work (Couatl you control for example) but never was I able to see the menu for gsx and when I tried to force it by using the drop down under addons/GSX

So, your only issue is GSX doesn't respond to the KEY, but works from the menu ? If yes, the most likely case is you have another add-on that is using the same key. No two add-on can share the same key so, when you have a conflict, you must configure either of the add-ons that are trying to use the same key to change its default. GSX obviously allows you to do that, from the Couatl -> Key Mapping menu. You must give it a key that is not used by anything else.

I only get a sound much like an error message sound, like “Boing!”  Someone else in another thread reported this boing sound so I’m not alone.

That's an entirely different thing and, again, it clearly shows GSX is working, and it's trying to tell you something. The Boing indicates some kind of problem, like trying to use GSX when engines are running and the parking brake is not set, or any other error and is NORMALLY coming together with a RED text on the top text bar, the standard Simconnect text area that every add-on uses for messages.

Do you have some kind of problem with it ? Have you disable the Information text in the simulator options ? If you have, no add-on will be able to print messages, so you'll be left with only the error sound which, I'm sure, once you realize why your text bar is not showing, it will give you some meaningful error about what GSX was trying to tell you.

Without sounding boastful, I will say I’ve been using computers and flight swimming for over thirty years. Following installation instructions is not difficult but when I follow yours the install does not occur correctly so I need some help else I’ll just shelve your software and not user again (gsx/gsx2 bundle)

Nothing in this latest report of yours even indicates GSX has a problem.