Author Topic: Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon - Jetway Do not Animate  (Read 7625 times)

ctruong1803

Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon - Jetway Do not Animate
« on: June 24, 2020, 12:49:51 pm »
Hi ,

Recently, I had acquired Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon for Prepar3D v5.0
According to the product, the Interactive SODE jetways should be working: https://imaginesim.net/product/wsss-singapore-pd5/

I had GSX disabled default jetways, and the Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon's Gates did not have jetways.
I had to create custom jetways.
When operating the jetways, the jetway did not animate and had message: Waiting for other services to complete ().

Can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
Chris.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon - Jetway Do not Animate
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 02:05:47 pm »
Are you sure the airport didn't had SODE jetway, even if they say there are ?

ctruong1803

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 02:52:30 pm »
Are you sure the airport didn't had SODE jetway, even if they say there are ?

Hi ,

When I first loaded Prepard3D v5 after I have installed the airport add-on, the gate does not have jetways.
I had to add the jetway, by performing exclusion.

Regards,
Chris Truong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 02:54:01 pm »
I had to add the jetway, by performing exclusion.

That seems to indicate the scenery used default CTRL+J jetways. Are you sure it's not an option you must enable ?

ctruong1803

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 03:26:51 pm »
Hi ,

Even if the Default Jetways Enabled - GSX Level 2 Control Panel, the jetway is not at the gate.

Chris Truong.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:30:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 03:30:24 pm »
Even if the Default Jetways Enabled - GSX Level 2 Control Panel, the jetway is not at the gate.

The default jetways enabled (as the name says), refers ONLY to default jetways. 3rd party airports have their own custom models, and these won't be affected by that settings. The only way to remove those is to create a GSX exclusion file, which you likely still have when you tried to replace them so, you must remove it and restart the sim.

ctruong1803

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 03:53:47 pm »
Hi ,

I have contact ImagineSim and inquired the issue.
They had advised 'that if you are missing our SODE jetways then GSX might have removed them? Or at least the SODE module has been changed or altered by GSX and our (ImagineSim) SODE jetways can no longer find it'

They had advised me to contact GSX directly since they do not have any real working technical knowledge of the product (GSX).

Over to GSX/FSDreamteam.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:25:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 04:25:33 pm »
They had advised 'that if you are missing our SODE jetways then GSX might have removed them? Or at least the SODE module has been changed or altered by GSX and our (ImagineSim) SODE jetways can no longer find it'

Yes, this reply shows they don't have any idea how GSX works, which is a pity because, if they had, they could provide a way better experience for GSX users, if they provided their airports with a custom GSX profile, something many other developers do, to make their products more attractive.

In any case, GSX won't remove SODE jetways on its own and it will never touch the SODE XML files of other developers sceneries. Whenever other developers sceneries are involved, we NEVER, EVER "touch" their files.

When a scenery has SODE jetways, the normal situation is that you cannot even use the Jetway customization page, because it's disabled, and GSX shows the parking as having an XML jetway that CANNOT BE CHANGED.

SODE jetways created by a 3rd party are created by SODE, and there's no way for GSX to remove them, it's something you must do manually, by removing their XML file, which we never touch. Only then, you can finally start creating your own GSX customization.

Andreasmb

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 06:48:31 pm »
I just installed Imaginesim WSSS myself, latest version which is fit for P3D V5 or V4.5 HF3, the latter I have.
It brings with it SODE jetways, and they are to be activated via the WSSS config tool. I enclose a picture of the tool.
rgds
Andreas

Andreasmb

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 07:18:06 pm »
Flew a small round with my little Germany-registered bird, shot photo of many AI-Aircraft with docked jetways. So they surely do work.
Again, with fresh unspoiled install of WSSS and SODE option ticked in WSSS configurator.

As Umberto writes, in my GSX2 customization tool the jetways of WSSS are all blanked out an in left column marked with Gate..../JS.

rgds
Andreas

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 08:42:49 pm »
 Imaginesim WSSS jetways are SODE, totally outside of GSX.

ctruong1803

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 03:00:01 pm »
Imaginesim WSSS jetways are SODE, totally outside of GSX.

Hi ,

Do you mean  Imaginesim WSSS jetways cannot be integrate with GSX?

Regards,
Chris Truong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 04:11:41 pm »
Do you mean  Imaginesim WSSS jetways cannot be integrate with GSX?

Obviously not, since GSX works without any issues with 3rd party SODE jetways. But in order to do that, they must be there and working. Dave probably meant that, if you don't SEE standard SODE jetways in a scenery, it's nothing that has any relationship with GSX.

I'm trying to make it even clearer:

- SODE jetways in 3rd party scenery that are not created with GSX, but are provided with a SODE XML file, are created by SODE, provided their are installed correctly. If they are, GSX will know where they are, and can integrate them in its own menu, and can show passengers inside.

- If an airport has SODE jetways made with a SODE XML file, they will take priority over anything created by GSX. You cannot customized them and the editor page will be locked. The ONLY way to remove SODE XML jetway, usually because you want to replace them with GSX, is to MANUALLY remove their SODE XML file.

To sum it up, if you are using a scenery that comes with SODE XML jetways, and they don't show or they don't work, it's nothing that is related to GSX, and nothing you do in GSX can change or fix that.

ctruong1803

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 01:37:01 am »
Thank you for the clarification and insights.

The other thing I have also discovered with Imagnesim WSSS Airport Addon is that the product changes the gate's type.
For example Prepar3D default gate type for Gate F40 is 'Heavy' at WSSS.
After installing the addon, the had changed all gates to '‘RAMP MIL Cargo’.

I had advised the Imagine's developer team that 'airport addons should not change the gate’s type'.

They are offering a refund if I do not like the product.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:11:13 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 04:33:19 am »
  I would just focus on that Gate F40 is still a gate and a valid parking spot to use.  In the real world, there is really no such thing as a small, medium, heavy gate or Mil Cargo etc . The type of parking spot that it is in the sim has very little relevance to anything.