Author Topic: New User of GSX/GSX Level II Needs Suggestions  (Read 1895 times)

Lantz

New User of GSX/GSX Level II Needs Suggestions
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:01:25 pm »
I’m a new user of GSX/GSX Level II and I’m sure the issues I’m having have to do with my unfamiliarity with the program. First off, I’m using the default setup for the Majestic Q400 that comes with the program. AFIK, I’ve made no configuration changes except that I have disabled the rear passenger door. I did this because when the metal stairs “magically” move themselves into position, and the motorized conveyor belt/baggage handler sets up at the baggage door immediately adjacent to the right of these stairs, the baggage handler walks right through the stairs. Is there any way to redirect this?

Other issues I’ve noted (and would like to fix) are:

1. If I’m parked at a gate with a jetway, but using that with a Q400 seems wrong. I can’t figure out how to make the bus arrive and load passengers.
2. When I’m taxing to my gate after I’m arriving at an airport and I’m still 100’s of yards from the gate, GSX keeps telling me to “cut engines”, and when I finally get in view of the marshaller, that is the hand signal they are using. I’m not sure why this is happening.
3. I know there are cabin announcements that GSX gives, and some are included with the Majestic Dash 8 as well. I think they may be conflicting with each other. Is there a way to only use the GSX sounds and announcements? One I’ve noticed is when I park at the gate when arriving. If I turn off the seat belt sign, I hear a cabin announcement from the flight attendant to keep seat belts fastened at all times, which is the opposite of what it should be.

I know I have more of the manual to read (and reread) but if anyone has some answers for me, I’d appreciate it.

Lantz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New User of GSX/GSX Level II Needs Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 09:47:09 pm »
when the metal stairs “magically” move themselves into position, and the motorized conveyor belt/baggage handler sets up at the baggage door immediately adjacent to the right of these stairs, the baggage handler walks right through the stairs.

Please clarify exactly what do you mean.

1. If I’m parked at a gate with a jetway, but using that with a Q400 seems wrong. I can’t figure out how to make the bus arrive and load passengers.

I'm not sure I'm following you. You wanted to have the bus even on a gate that has a jetway ? And why you think it would be wrong to use a jetway on a Q400 ?

[img]https://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Airways-Express-Allegheny-Commuter-Airlines/De-Havilland-Canada-DHC-8-102-Dash-8/203429[/imgl]

If the scenery you use doesn't have proper jetways for that plane, you can always replace them with GSX L2, possibly using a lower height model.

2. When I’m taxing to my gate after I’m arriving at an airport and I’m still 100’s of yards from the gate, GSX keeps telling me to “cut engines”, and when I finally get in view of the marshaller, that is the hand signal they are using. I’m not sure why this is happening.

Assuming this is happening with the Q400 only, that's likely because it's a very unusual airplane, with a custom flight and engine model not using the standard variables, so GSX cannot detect if engines are running or not. You can use the standard CTRL+Shift+F1 command to cut fuel pumps, which will also turn off the default engine simulation, not used by the Q400, but required by GSX to work.

3. I know there are cabin announcements that GSX gives

GSX doesn't have any cabin announcements. The only cabin sounds it makes, are some background chatter while passengers are boarding/deboarding.

Lantz

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:18:19 pm »
Sorry for not being more clear.

On point one, the rear passenger stairs appears to move itself to the rear passenger door on the plane. This seems unrealistic. Shouldn’t a human figure push it into place? As to the motorized baggage loader, the man drives it into place, then get off the left side and walks directly through the passenger stairs.

I understand the jetway works. It will meet up with the door in the Sim. In your photo, the jetway is not lined up with the door. In any case, can you confirm that the bus will only be used if there is no jetway?

If the Majestic Q400 is At fault for GSX to misread engine status, why would it be asking me to shut the engines down when I’m not even near the gate?

Thanks for cabin announcement clarification.

I had one other observation. When the baggage train leaves after loading the baggage, it makes a 270 degree turn (I think) and then returns and drives right through the airplane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 11:36:34 pm »
On point one, the rear passenger stairs appears to move itself to the rear passenger door on the plane. This seems unrealistic. Shouldn’t a human figure push it into place?

This is normal, we haven't modeled that person. Will likely come in a future update.

As to the motorized baggage loader, the man drives it into place, then get off the left side and walks directly through the passenger stairs.

It's possible they are just too close, you might be able to fix this by editing the airplane config, and change the angle of both the passenger doors and the cargo doors, to be more spread apart.

I understand the jetway works. It will meet up with the door in the Sim. In your photo, the jetway is not lined up with the door.

I think the jetway was still moving in that photo. I posted just to show that a Q400 can use a jetway.

In any case, can you confirm that the bus will only be used if there is no jetway?

That's what triggers the bus to be used.

If the Majestic Q400 is At fault for GSX to misread engine status, why would it be asking me to shut the engines down when I’m not even near the gate?

Nowhere I said the Q400 is "at fault". It's just a very particular airplane, which caused these problems for not using a standard engine model. That's why the engine detection is not reliable for GSX.

I had one other observation. When the baggage train leaves after loading the baggage, it makes a 270 degree turn (I think) and then returns and drives right through the airplane.

That depends on the scenery, and can be usually fixed by editing the vehicle starting positions with the GSX editor.