Author Topic: GSX Crash on P3DV5 **SOLVED**  (Read 29109 times)

RVxSpeed

GSX Crash on P3DV5 **SOLVED**
« on: May 24, 2020, 10:24:16 am »
Hi,

Greetings. I am just going to get down to the facts. I am experiencing crash near all of the middle east airport(all paid or freeware no default). The reason i am blaming GSX is because if i don't run GSX the sim works just fine.
Aircraft used: PMDG 747.
Issued airports so far:
Armi Project Riyadh
BDOaviation Jeddah
T2G Hamad
Flytampa Dubai
MFSG Dhaka
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 03:22:30 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Crash on P3DV5
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:28:04 pm »
And what kind of error message do you get.
Captain Kevin

RVxSpeed

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 01:04:59 pm »
And what kind of error message do you get.
No error. Straight to CTD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 01:26:12 pm »
When you are crusing higher than 10k feet and/or faster thank 250 kts, GSX is completely disabled, so it cannot cause any crash.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 03:05:48 pm »
When you are crusing higher than 10k feet and/or faster thank 250 kts, GSX is completely disabled, so it cannot cause any crash.
Yes it happens during ground activity. Like pushback,catering.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 03:54:50 pm »

My reply about cruising was in relationship to your sentence "I am experiencing crash near all of the middle east airport", so I assumed you were flying.

Please clarify better, is the crash happening immediately after you select a GSX service ? Or while an activity is performed ? How's your VRAM usage at that time ?

RVxSpeed

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 09:56:57 am »

My reply about cruising was in relationship to your sentence "I am experiencing crash near all of the middle east airport", so I assumed you were flying.

Please clarify better, is the crash happening immediately after you select a GSX service ? Or while an activity is performed ? How's your VRAM usage at that time ?

VRAM usage is well below like 500MB upto 1GB remain on the status indicator. Like i said this is happening at random. Like catering, pushback or even sometime when doing parking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 11:42:06 am »
VRAM usage is well below like 500MB upto 1GB remain on the status indicator. Like i said this is happening at random. Like catering, pushback or even sometime when doing parking.

500 MB of spare VRAM is already too close to be considered safe because, you cannot possibly know if something might require more of that at the same time. Also, that figure it's only a total number, but it doesn't mean the sim can allocate 500MB or VRAM immediately. VRAM can be fragmented so, even if you have 500 MB free, it's possible the largest continuous fragment might be way smaller than that so, for example, if the largest chunk of VRAM available is only 50 MB and, for example, a GSX vehicle you called requires 60 MB of VRAM, it might still crash the sim due to VRAM exhaustion, so you can still be mislead "GSX has made the sim crash", when in fact the real reason of the crash was your settings are too high for your system, so you put yourself into a situation with too little VRAM available to be safe.

So yes, 500 MB of spare VRAM is just to enough, and it's clear your problem wasn't caused by GSX, but running with too many add-ons and/or too high settings for your system.

Try lowering your settings to reach at least 2GB of free VRAM, and see if it happens again.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 10:43:39 am »

500 MB of spare VRAM is already too close to be considered safe because, you cannot possibly know if something might require more of that at the same time. Also, that figure it's only a total number, but it doesn't mean the sim can allocate 500MB or VRAM immediately. VRAM can be fragmented so, even if you have 500 MB free, it's possible the largest continuous fragment might be way smaller than that so, for example, if the largest chunk of VRAM available is only 50 MB and, for example, a GSX vehicle you called requires 60 MB of VRAM, it might still crash the sim due to VRAM exhaustion, so you can still be mislead "GSX has made the sim crash", when in fact the real reason of the crash was your settings are too high for your system, so you put yourself into a situation with too little VRAM available to be safe.

So yes, 500 MB of spare VRAM is just to enough, and it's clear your problem wasn't caused by GSX, but running with too many add-ons and/or too high settings for your system.

Try lowering your settings to reach at least 2GB of free VRAM, and see if it happens again.
Yes with latest update of windows now i am getting more vram allocation & it's more than your 2GB limit. Still getting crash. Even it crash as we speak while i asked GSX for pushback. Also the reason i am insisting GSX is causing this CTD is becasue if i don't use GSX & use pushback by PMDG service it doesn't crash. Maybe it's an airport related issue?

This is the error from event viewer:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.24.34874, time stamp: 0x5eab3677
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140.dll, version: 14.25.28508.3, time stamp: 0x5e155520
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000137b
Faulting process id: 0x4cd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63591fa8b6d21
Faulting application path: F:\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
Report Id: 6c4930ac-8a13-4ff3-b493-62d7aaa466e5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:03:30 am by RVxSpeed »

RVxSpeed

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 06:11:30 pm »
Today i got video proof for you.

This flight using same settings & addons without GSX running.
Verdict: The flight ended perfectly. No CTD.

&t=1136s
&t=1s

This Flight using same settings & addons with GSX running.
Verdict: It crashes while deboarding.

Although today's failing module is different.
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 5.0.24.34874, time stamp: 0x5eab3677
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.207, time stamp: 0x746c1866
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
Faulting process id: 0xa2c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6367af96ae0d9
Faulting application path: F:\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7fc0f006-3d9d-4d71-ad4c-201e21dd52ae
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2020, 04:19:07 pm »

You haven't proved anything in that video. It's not the "same settings", it's not even the same AIRPORT and, the flight you think crashed because of GSX, when you landed at OMDB, you had 1GB of VRAM LESS than the flight that did't crash, at VGHS.

I assure you GSX doesn't take that much RAM so, the only thing you proved that, when 1 GB less, which can possibly caused by the combination of GSX + a different and more detailed airport, simply exhausted your VRAM.  As I've said, it's not really the amount of spare VRAM, but the amount of the biggest *contiguous* chunk of memory that can be used.

If you want to do a proper test, you must really use *exactly* the same settings and, with "same settings", I mean the same airport, the same gate, everything.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 06:03:53 pm »

You haven't proved anything in that video. It's not the "same settings", it's not even the same AIRPORT and, the flight you think crashed because of GSX, when you landed at OMDB, you had 1GB of VRAM LESS than the flight that did't crash, at VGHS.

I assure you GSX doesn't take that much RAM so, the only thing you proved that, when 1 GB less, which can possibly caused by the combination of GSX + a different and more detailed airport, simply exhausted your VRAM.  As I've said, it's not really the amount of spare VRAM, but the amount of the biggest *contiguous* chunk of memory that can be used.

If you want to do a proper test, you must really use *exactly* the same settings and, with "same settings", I mean the same airport, the same gate, everything.
Ok if you are so much confident about vram usage i will use vanilla or lowest settings & i can bet that using GSX will crash. I am pleased that you have developed the most advanced ground handling program that is available to the simulation market. But that doesn't mean you should be aggressive towards customer. Anyway it will take time as my office has started. But i will definitely prove this to you. I hope that you have better explanation than blaming on VRAM if i am able to prove it to you.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2020, 04:28:34 pm »
Hi,

I have performed the test. Seems like i am right. You wanted the exact same setting & exact same position & exact everything. Here you go. I am also attaching log file for investigation.

Crash Using GSX:

No Crash without GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 01:03:49 pm »
I have performed the test. Seems like i am right. You wanted the exact same setting & exact same position & exact everything. Here you go. I am also attaching log file for investigation.

Nothing in your video proves the crash was caused by GSX, because the crash happened AFTER GSX said "Have a good trip". At that time, GSX has completed all its work and is not doing anything. Also, the GSX log you attached doesn't show any errors in GSX, and it logged the simulator just disconnected, likely because it crashed for some other reason.

Want to make it sure it's not GSX ? Try with another airplane and without all those other add-ons you are using.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 01:56:22 pm »
The crash happens when GSX switches off & releases it's service. I am not using many addons here. I still insist you get this fixed. There are lots of people having CTD because of this. My statement is plain & simple. If i don't run GSX i don't get CTD. If i run GSX the simulator crash. Please fix this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:58:07 pm by virtuali »