Author Topic: GSX not working after update  (Read 7874 times)

Micha2405

GSX not working after update
« on: May 08, 2020, 12:49:02 am »
Hello,
as written above, GSX is not longer working after The P3D5 HF1 update. I run the addonmanger many times, without success. Also strange, al my FSDT Products are listed in the AddonManger as installed, but not activated (only in P3D5). After I had activated them again and a restart of the Sim, they are listed again as installed but not activated. Nevertheless the sceneries seemed to work, but GSX not. In the menu bar (Add-ons) the GSX entry is also missing.
Any idea?
Regards Michael

Emi

Re: GSX not working after update
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 07:12:27 am »
Same here. Before the Update to HF1 everything worked normally.
Now all my products show as unregistered in the addon manager and are not working.
Best regards,
Emanuel

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 09:16:57 am »
Same Here Emi.

Scott

farman

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 09:52:56 am »
Hi,
  in my case, one out of two sim openings, I'm warned that "an unknown something is making Couati not working".
     regards,
        Fulvio

Moe1875

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 10:03:14 am »
Hey,

same here, no warning but the other stuff. Everything is there in the addons menu. But the regestry in the addon manager is not kept.
the gsx window (shift+F12) is not opening also if seleted in the couatl drop down. Of course no objects are shown in the sim.

Thanks

Moritz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 12:20:04 pm »
We all use P3D V5 HF1 here, and there are no problems with GSX. The usual suggestions:

- be absolutely sure you added the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- be absolutely sure you turn off every firewall or similar security software that might interfere with the download

- run the FSDT Live update after you are sure you checked the first two points.

- if that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart

Moe1875

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 01:00:29 pm »
Can you give a little advice what exactly to do under Win10? If you only have the standad Windows defender? I already tried a lot. But nothing worked so far.

So mainly:

1. How to exclude the addon manager folder correctly? I added the folder like shown in the attached picture should that be ok?

2. How to make sure the updater can go through the firewall? I excluded ALL exe files inside the adon manager folder like shown in the other attachment. Should that work?

regrads

Moritz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 01:35:43 pm »
Can you give a little advice what exactly to do under Win10? If you only have the standad Windows defender? I already tried a lot. But nothing worked so far.

1. How to exclude the addon manager folder correctly? I added the folder like shown in the attached picture should that be ok?

That seems to be right but, it looks like as if you installed "inside" the sim, which we usually advice not to, because you might run into additional issues. That's why, by default, GSX installs in its own folder outside the simulator.

If you want to move it to a different folder, you must Uninstall and Reinstall it in a different location AND reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" otherwise you won't be offered a chance to change the installation folder on the next reinstall. Repeat this for every other FSDT product you might have installed.

2. How to make sure the updater can go through the firewall? I excluded ALL exe files inside the adon manager folder like shown in the other attachment. Should that work?

You haven't. From your screenshot you only excluded Couatl_Updater2.exe, but you must also exclude  Couatl_Updater.exe.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:35:04 pm by virtuali »

Moe1875

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 02:08:57 pm »
Ok, thanks

1. The sim is in a sub folder called main_sim. Thanks for the tip again. While installing P3d V5 I tried to install all addons outside the main sim.

2. As I said. I excluded ALL exe files inside the addon manager folder. Only the screenshot is to small to show them all.

After I've done that, I ran the updater again. But nothing changed.

If this is the correct way to go, the mistake is somethig different.

regards and thanks

Moritz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 02:36:10 pm »
2. As I said. I excluded ALL exe files inside the addon manager folder. Only the screenshot is to small to show them all.

They seems to be displayed in Alphabetical order, so Couatl_updater.exe is missing.  

I just had a remote assistance session with another user that had a problem similar to yours: Addon Manager and Coautl menu showing, but GSX missing from the menu and always in Trial.

The problem was his SODE was outdated: he had version 1.6.3, but the current GSX requires at minimum 1.6.7, which is supposed to be automatically installed by GSX ( only the full installer, the Live Update won't update SODE ).

I manually downloaded SODE 1.6.8 from the website:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

And the problem went away.

Be sure you click "Register" in ALL the installed simulators from the SODE Platform manager because, if you have multiple sim installed, you must activate SODE in all of them, so it shows in Green.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 02:40:10 pm by virtuali »

benbo

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 02:48:17 pm »
Hi Guys,

FSX SE,prior to the lastest update GSX was working fine no issues at all,now after the update it will not work,after pressing the show you control
option the list does not show,plus GSX is showing as in trial mode and i cant register my serial number.

Gary Jones

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 02:55:48 pm »
Be sure SODE is updated to the latest version:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

And is registered in the sim with the SODE Platform Manager.

Moe1875

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 03:08:05 pm »
They seems to be displayed in Alphabetical order, so Couatl_updater.exe is missing.

The Couatl_updater.exe is called FSDream Team Updater when added. It is allready included.

I also checked the sode version is correct I also checked that bevor I posted here. I will try to reinstall it, could that help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 03:21:25 pm »
I also checked the sode version is correct I also checked that bevor I posted here. I will try to reinstall it, could that help?

Reinstall it and be sure is registered in the sim with the SODE Platform manager showing it in green.

Micha2405

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 03:36:28 pm »
That was it for me! ;D Sode was not activated in P3Dv5 after installing HF1.
All Products are installed and active, also GSX is working.
Nice to know, that FSDream Team Products needs SODE.
Thank you.

Regards