Author Topic: FSX:SE GSX reverts to trial mode  (Read 1528 times)

TheFSFreak

FSX:SE GSX reverts to trial mode
« on: April 14, 2020, 12:05:59 am »
Hi,

I’m having similar trouble to that posted in the below topic:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9841.0.html

GSX and coutal loading in my sim, and I can use add on manager within the sim to register, but upon leaving FSX, GSX reverts to trial mode. ???

I have checked and tried all user permission suggestions, as well as .exe compatibility and administrative options. Is there any other known solutions that I’m missing please?

Any help much appreciated, spent hours trying to figure it out for myself with no joy!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX:SE GSX reverts to trial mode
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:33:38 pm »
but upon leaving FSX, GSX reverts to trial mode. ???

You mean after restarting the sim from a previous session, you find GSX is in Trial ? If yes, it might be simply because you restarted the sim too quickly without allowing for all open files and process to close and this, depending on your settings, your memory and your add-ons, can take a while, even long after the FSX icon has disappeared.

Try after a Window restart and, the next time, check the GSX Control Panel, and see how much it takes on your system for the "Compile" button to become available. This is when it's safe to restart FSX again.

TheFSFreak

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 11:53:16 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried a restart and unfortunately the problem persists.

I’ve done some additional troubleshooting today... the plot thickens:
- Coutal.exe is sporadically causing FSX to close when loading a free flight (regardless of Airport, aircraft etc.). It doesn’t crash, just closes without warning.
- When FSX manages to load with coutal.exe, it resets the registry entry for the ‘serial number’ to ‘null’? (Found by monitoring regedit)
- Every now and then the airport cache will fail to load

Don’t know what is going on and whether it’s a combination of multiple issues?

Any ideas on what to check next?

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 11:55:45 pm »
- When FSX manages to load with coutal.exe, it resets the registry entry for the ‘serial number’ to ‘null’? (Found by monitoring regedit)

I suggest to contact support by email. Your report seems to indicate you installed something which can only best explained in private.