Author Topic: I don't get WAIT after I've been pushed back  (Read 3375 times)

garymccl

I don't get WAIT after I've been pushed back
« on: April 12, 2020, 09:19:04 pm »
Hi

On pushback, I normally get a msg saying I can start now, and I still do, then I start the engines it still says FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS. 
It normally would say WAIT when both engines are started, but on my system at the moment it still saying FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS and when you select ctrl+shft+12, it is normally asking me to CONFIRM when the engines started, but in this case, it asks what gate I want to be transported to!  It never does a checklist after the pushback,

This is at GCTS, and sometimes it works at other airports.

Gaz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I don't get WAIT after I've been pushed back
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:43:30 pm »
Please clarify which airplane you use, because there's no message anywhere in GSX that says "FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS", so it must come from an airplane that interfaces directly with GSX, so you are not probably following its specific usage correctly.

garymccl

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 10:12:45 pm »
Hi

I've attached the screenshot.
The aircraft is the Airbus A321 by Aerosoft, and the airport is MKSTUDIOS Tenerife v2  is where I am at. 

It's the standard way I always get ready to taxi, but as you can see, when I've been pushed back, and the airport people have left, I would normally get a WAIT sign at the top, and my crew member would normally start a checklist (for example, ensuring my flaps are down). Instead I get a screen asking where  I want to go to park!  That screen is attached.

If you can't help - who can?

Gaz

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 11:01:16 am »
i be  asking  at  aerosoft  forum

garymccl

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 03:37:21 pm »
i be  asking  at  aerosoft  forum

I'm not sure why I should ask Aerosoft, because so far this is the only airport this is becoming a problem - and GSX is the only functionality which got a problem (so, it's the airport programming, or GSX, which seems to work everywhere else).

Despite this, I will do as you say and raise a call there.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 10:08:42 pm »
I'm not sure why I should ask Aerosoft, because so far this is the only airport this is becoming a problem

That's because, in you FIRST post, you indicated a fairly precise message, which is NOT part of GSX and I suspect it's part of the airplane, the one that says "FOLLOW GSX INSTRUCTIONS". To this post, I replied to check with Aerosoft, because that message surely doesn't come from GSX.

Then, after my reply, you posted ANOTHER screenshot, showing the normal GSX Parking menu. From your screenshot, is not very clear where you are located. Are you supposed to be inside a parking ? If yes, and you still see the GSX parking menu, then the problem is you have an AFCAD conflict, likely caused by another scenery, so all parking positions read by GSX are not the one correct for the scenery.

With the GSX "customize airport positions", you can check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX, which might give you some hints about which scenery is causing the conflict.

garymccl

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 12:02:31 am »
Given what you have said, I'm guessing I can say that the MKSTUDIOS software is not compatible with your own?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 02:53:25 am »
Given what you have said, I'm guessing I can say that the MKSTUDIOS software is not compatible with your own?

I haven't said anything of the sort, and I couldn't possibly understand why you got that from my reply, which said something entirely different. As I've said in my previous reply, you might have either a conflict caused by another scenery, or a problem with the scenery itself.

I'll repeat again my last suggestion: with the GSX "customize airport positions", you can check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX, which might give you some hints about which scenery is causing the conflict.

Supera380

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 02:07:34 pm »
Hi,

I am pretty sure that "Follow GSX Instructions" message comes from the Aerosoft Airbus. Its based on having GSX enabled in the MCDU.
I would check the settings there first and see if you have GSX set to "Yes" and the Checklists turned on.

Regards
Mark

garymccl

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 04:13:29 pm »
Hi,

I am pretty sure that "Follow GSX Instructions" message comes from the Aerosoft Airbus. Its based on having GSX enabled in the MCDU.
I would check the settings there first and see if you have GSX set to "Yes" and the Checklists turned on.

Regards
Mark

Thank you, but I have already checked this.

Gaz

garymccl