Author Topic: Big Tug showing up for the NGXu  (Read 1923 times)

hargetnj

Big Tug showing up for the NGXu
« on: March 05, 2020, 01:39:19 am »
Good evening,

I have noticed while flying the PMDG 737-700NGXu that the larger pushback tug is showing up for ground services. GSX is also using the larger tug for most of my smaller aircraft, such as the A319/320/321, B717, B737-6/7/8/9, regardless of weight. I've flown extremely empty flights and had the large truck..

Is there anyway to select which tug to use?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Big Tug showing up for the NGXu
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 07:49:49 am »
It's all random. In any event, I guess I'm not sure I understand the issue since this is the tug that comes with the PMDG 737 NGXu, which looks very similar to what you have.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 10:50:48 pm »
GSX is not using vehicles at random.

When there's a random selection, is always made from all QUALIFYING candidates. That Pushback in your screenshot will appear if the airplane weight is from 100.000 lbs to 250.000 lbs., which means your actual weight was at least 100K lbs when you called pushback.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 11:49:06 pm »
When there's a random selection, is always made from all QUALIFYING candidates.
I guess I probably should have clarified that.
That Pushback in your screenshot will appear if the airplane weight is from 100.000 lbs to 250.000 lbs., which means your actual weight was at least 100K lbs when you called pushback.
More than likely in the case of the 737, given the empty weight of the -700 is 83,000 pounds.
Captain Kevin

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 06:40:30 pm »
My startup profile starts with "empty" payload, and ~5300 lbs. of fuel.

I prefer the big tug, so I have to remember to add payload and fuel before attaching the jetway or I get the small tug with the tow bar (which is cool, too).

Since we're talking about the big tug, I noticed that the swinging bar that closes behind the tires opens up after the tug has backed away from the aircraft at the end of the process. It should open completely before the tug starts to back away.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.