Author Topic: BGLManx Error **SOLVED**  (Read 17480 times)

BlinkNFG

BGLManx Error **SOLVED**
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:38:31 pm »
Hi,

I have JFK, O'Hare and Zurich.  All worked fine.  However I recently had to delete my fsx.cfg file and allow FSX to generate a new one (I was experiencing slow down in the menus which this step has resolved).

Since doing so when I load FSX I get an error message saying

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):
Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version 2,7,0,6
Compnny VIRTUALI s.a.s
File bglmanx.dll

I have tried deleting the bglmanx files from FSX and then reinstalling JFK but the error remains.  Any help appreciated

thanks
Jon
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:38:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BGLManx Error
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 10:14:05 pm »
Known FSX bug: when a program is newly trusted ( by removing the fsx.cfg, you also reset the trusting question), it might give that error, which is of course only dependent by the FSX trusting mechanism because, the bglmanx.dll it's obviously always the same that worked before, the only thing you changed was to reset the fsx.cfg.

The usual solution is:

- Allow the module to run anyway, even if it says it's not recomended. However, if you replied "no" at least once, you need to reset the trusting again. There's no need to remove fsx.cfg again, you simply need to edit it under the [Trusted] section, to remove every line that has a reference to bglmanx.dll (the whole line), and save it back, and try again.

- If the error doesn't go away after a couple of tries, try to reboot Windows and try again.

Tibbo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 11:06:32 am »
Hello all,

at the start of the month, I migrated to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. After reinstalling FSX (SP2) and all of my addons, my FSDT airports worked as well. But about two weeks ago, after installing something else, I began getting the known error message.

I've read through several of the bglmanx.dll error threads here, and have tried everything suggested, including reinstalling the C++ runtime libraries, uninstalling and reinstalling the scenery, removing the references to bglmanx and coutl in the trusted section of my fsx.cfg and retrusting them...not to mention countless reboots. But after everything, the situation is still the same: upon starting FSX, the error window appears, and if I click "yes", FSX crashes immediately.

Since the suggested workarounds have apparently worked for most people here (I assume this from the lack of "it's still not working!" posts), I wonder if any users (or the devs, of course) have experience with this problem in combination with Win7 Home Premium? Perhaps something else needs to be done there, since a lot is different.

Many many thanks in advance for your help! I really miss being able to use JFK, ORD and ZRH!

Best regards,
Tibbo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:39:08 am »
Since the suggested workarounds have apparently worked for most people here (I assume this from the lack of "it's still not working!" posts), I wonder if any users (or the devs, of course) have experience with this problem in combination with Win7 Home Premium? Perhaps something else needs to be done there, since a lot is different.

The main issue is, shouldn't be worried if you see the error once or twice in a row. It WILL go away, if you keep ALLOWING the module to run, even if it crashes.

After 2-3 tries, it usually goes away, and it doesn't return.

However, there might be another thing you can try, if it doesn't:

- Open the REGEDIT program ( type REGEDIT on the Start area then press Enter )

- Find the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\Launch

- There will be some entries there, probably bglmanx.dll will be listed. Remove ALL the entries, then exit and try to launch FSX again.

Tibbo

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 01:41:09 pm »
Hello Umberto,

thanks very much for your quick reply...I really appreciate your support, especially on a Sunday!

Ok, there were 3 entries at that location in the registry, all of them related to bglmanx...removed all 3, restarted FSX, got a CTD directly without the error message first. Restarted, got the error message, clicked "yes", CTD. Restarted, error message, "yes", CTD. Restarted, "yes", CTD. Repeated this 6 or 7 times in a row.

Removed new registry-entry for bglmanx again, removed trusted-entries to bglmanx and coutl in FSX.cfg, restarted, re-trusted coutl and bglmanx, CTD. Restarted, error message, "yes", CTD. Restarted, "yes", CTD. This time, Windows actually finds information it thinks might be relevant to the problem and places a .txt, .xml, and .mdmp in my \AppData\Local\Temp, and offers to send the info home to Microsoft. This is new. Restart, "yes", CTD. Restart, "yes", CTD. Restart, "yes", CTD. Restart, "yes", CTD...and a new set of .xml, .txt, and .mdmp files again. Restart, "yes", CTD.

I am now going to re-remove the registry entry and the trusted-entries in FSX.cfg, then reboot, then try again. If anything changes, I'll post again in the next 10 minutes, but I'm not betting on it. :(

Tibbo

Edit: as suspected, no change. :(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:53:13 pm by Tibbo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 02:04:54 pm »
Alright, send me those .txt, .xml  and .mdmp files to me via email. Perhaps your specific problem is different.

Note that, when you try several times in a row, it might be better to wait a little bit, like 20-30 seconds between each try.

Also, disregard Couatl.exe and everything related to it. It doesn't have anything to do with this issue, because the "3rd party module" error message is only related to .DLL modules, not .EXE. One can create every sort of havoc in an .EXE file, FSX will just not care...So, you can save some time by not doing anything about Couatl, unless you see some specific error message related to it.

In the meantime, you can also try other things, like turning off DEP in Windows 7, as shown here:

http://www.recipester.org/Recipe:Enable_or_Disable_DEP_in_Windows_7_27019737

It shouldn't be necessary ( I run it correctly with DEP enabled ), but perhaps it might work for you.

Tibbo

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 02:34:37 pm »
Thanks Umberto...files sent to the support@ address, and tried the DEP deactivation approach but (as you expected) without success.

Will wait and see if you find any clues in the sent files.

Mille grazie!

Tibbo

Tibbo

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 09:50:55 pm »
Hello Umberto,

with the weekend approaching fast, I wondered if you might have any news regarding my problem? Did the files show anything of value?

Thanks so much,
Tibbo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 10:11:30 pm »
Try to reinstall the stand-alone Addon Manager: we had an update yesterday.

Tibbo

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 10:44:07 pm »
No change, 6 restart-attempts, same behavior as described above  :(

Tibbo

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 08:36:08 pm »
Good evening,

I'm afraid I'm still here, and so is the problem. I just tried something new...in FSX, deleted ZRH, JFK and ORD from the scenery library, closed FSX, uninstalled the 3 sceneries via the Windows control panel, removed the trusted entries in FSX.cfg, removed the registry entries for bglmanx, rebooted the computer, restarted FSX (no problems), closed FSX.

Then I installed just ORD. Started FSX, trusted bglmanx, FSX crashed. Restarted FSX...got the infamous error message, clicked "yes" to load bglmanx, FSX crashed. And again, and again, 5 or 6 times so far with several minutes pause between each try.

So even after removing all trace of bglmanx, coutl, and FSDT sceneries from my computer and cleanly rebooting (and cleanly starting and ending FSX), as soon as I reinstall just one of the sceneries, the problem is there. And this is the same Windows installation and FSX installation and system that ORD, JFK and ZRH were all running quite successfully on until the bglmanx error suddenly appeared out of the blue.

At this point, how would you suggest I proceed? Nothing that has been suggested regarding the error has worked for me, and although there are many airports in the world that I can deviate to instead of ORD, JFK or ZRH, you will surely understand that I'm not very happy with the situation. Also, you can imagine that my motivation to purchase additional FSDT airports is currently on hold, knowing that I couldn't use what I'm buying.

I thank you in advance for your continued help in this matter.

Best regards,
Tibbo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 09:23:27 pm »
You might want to try a somewhat unusual fix:

- Open REGEDIT

- Look for this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\Launch

- Remove all the entries that you find there, but leave the "Launch" folder empty, without removing it.

- Right-click the "Launch" yellow folder, and select "Permissions".

- Select your user name, and click the "Deny" checkmarks on both "Read" and "Full access".

Exit from REGEDIT, and try to launch FSX again. Note, it's VERY important you remove any previous entries inside the "Launch" folder, BEFORE changing permissions.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:33:08 pm by virtuali »

Tibbo

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »
Ok, I tried two variations of that idea...with "deny" set, FSX crashes on each startup-attempt without any action on my part. With "deny" not set but the "allow" checkmark removed, FSX crashes on the 1st startup but then continues afterward with the start-"yes"-crash / start-"yes"-crash behavior. :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 10:19:36 pm »
Ok, I tried two variations of that idea...with "deny" set, FSX crashes on each startup-attempt without any action on my part.

It's now clear that you are having is an unique issue, which is not related to our software that, instead, is probably a victim of something that has gone wrong in your Windows installation. If you contact me via email, we have another couple of things that can be tried, but it requires checking something with you system privately.

Tibbo

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 10:56:56 pm »
Hello Umberto, thanks so much...email sent.