Author Topic: GSX doens't recognize FSL parking brakes  (Read 5896 times)

Patrick1246

GSX doens't recognize FSL parking brakes
« on: January 11, 2020, 09:20:54 pm »
Since the latest GSX Update my FSL Airbus doesn't recognize the parking brakes. It start with the pushback even when the parking brake is still set. After pushback it doesn't finish the pushback as the parking brake is set in the FSL but not recognizable by GSX.
Any ideas how to fix that?

w6kd

Re: GSX doens't recognize FSL parking brakes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 11:03:25 pm »
Seeing the same thing here.  And when I aborted the pushback because GSX was not seeing the brakes set after it pushed me back with the brakes on (I recycled it with both the handle in the VC and "ctrl-."), GSX left the NWS disconnected with no way to get it back.

Bob Scott
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:05:55 pm by w6kd »

jalbino59

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 11:06:06 pm »
Not limited to FSL, behaves the same with other airbus. 

renkouchuan

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 11:54:15 pm »
The same with PMDG 777. I got this issue right after the fresh update, so stupid to upgrade it. Anyone helps?

Patrick1246

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 11:57:13 pm »
Great, so another update that breakes things...

pete_auau

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 07:40:01 am »
no issues here  maybe  run the  live update  again

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 11:35:24 am »
No problem here with the FSL either with brake release or set.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

Patrick1246

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 01:16:16 pm »
even a reinstall doesn't fix the issue.

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 03:31:23 pm »
Seeing the same thing here.  And when I aborted the pushback because GSX was not seeing the brakes set after it pushed me back with the brakes on (I recycled it with both the handle in the VC and "ctrl-."), GSX left the NWS disconnected with no way to get it back.

Bob Scott

If you go to FSL MCDU options and external controls page, you can control the NWS pin

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 04:06:07 pm »
Since the latest GSX Update my FSL Airbus doesn't recognize the parking brakes. It start with the pushback even when the parking brake is still set. After pushback it doesn't finish the pushback as the parking brake is set in the FSL but not recognizable by GSX.

TEMPORARY FIX: use gsx with the engine start confirmation set to ON in gsx options

renkouchuan

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 04:46:47 pm »

TEMPORARY FIX: use gsx with the engine start confirmation set to ON in gsx options

Another temporary fix is to choose directly right turn or left turn without quickedit pushback. I believe that the guys above who said no issue there are the one just pushback in this way. As I known now, the problem only appears when I use quickedit.

w6kd

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 06:39:22 pm »

That didn't work.

If you go to FSL MCDU options and external controls page, you can control the NWS pin

Aha, so you can.  Thanks for the pointout.

Another temporary fix is to choose directly right turn or left turn without quickedit pushback. I believe that the guys above who said no issue there are the one just pushback in this way. As I known now, the problem only appears when I use quickedit.

I wouldn't call it a fix, per se, more like a workaround.  But yes, the problem appears to be caused by the quickedit pushback.  As soon as I leave the quickedit GUI, I get two duplicate but superimposed audio clips from the ground crew and then it pushes back without the brakes released.  Using a customized pushback created with the GSX parking spot editor works normally.

Regards

Bob Scott
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 06:41:16 pm by w6kd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 07:55:18 pm »
I checked the problem and yes, the actual issue is:

GSX starts a pushback ignoring the parking brakes status after exiting from the QuickEdit pushback.

It's not related to a specific airplane and it only happens when using a QuickEdit pushback for the first time after having just edited it.  Using a previously saved QuickEdit, or a pushback customized with the editor, or a default Left/Right pushback, or a Straight pushback, works normally.

So yes, as with any reported but that can be replicated, this will be fixed as soon as possible.

DellyPilot

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 09:13:15 pm »
An hour of messing about reinstalling and reloading! thought it was my setup broken, thank god its a real bug!  :)

CaptKornDog

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 12:08:29 am »
Glad it's confirmed to have a fix forthcoming.  I lost a few hours trying to troubleshoot myself, glad I'm not crazy either.