Author Topic: jump back to the previous GSX version !?  (Read 1565 times)

ggerolamo

jump back to the previous GSX version !?
« on: November 22, 2019, 10:34:20 am »
After the last update of GSX2 (November 20th 2019) nothing works for me anymore (as many other users have reported) ! >:(
So,I would like to jump back to the previous version !

Where can I get a working (older) version ?

greetings
ggerolamo

AFS

Re: jump back to the previous GSX version !?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 12:51:03 pm »
This only works if you have an "old" installation file or your existing installation backed up. For a "backup" the entire addon manager folder has to be copied. (Size about 6.07 GB BEFORE the update).
So, either reinstall with the previous installation file or copy back the backed up folder "addon manager" - which I think you do not have.

ggerolamo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 01:07:46 pm »
thanks for the answer !
I'm just wondering: how can I prevent an automatic update from starting after the reinstallation?

AFS

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 08:57:18 pm »
If you have a complete installation file, you do not need internet - disconnect before installing.

The updates do NOT run automatically, which is clear from the message box on a new update. Updates are downloaded and installed ONLY with the FSDT Live Update application. If you do not start it extra - except for a web reinstallation - NO automatic update will happen.

As a backup, they put the new "old" installation into operation and test whether everything is working.
If so, copy the entire AddonManager folder (6.07 GB) and name it, e.g. on AddonManager_BACKUP_Date.

This gives them a "reinsurance".
I did the same thing. Thus I have always 2 (!) Folder, which contain the complete GSX. If something does not work after an update, I rename the "new" AddonManager folder (which contains the new update) e.g. on AddonManager_MISMATCH, for example.
Then I change the folder name "AddonManager_BACKUP_Datum" back to AddonManager and, voila, GSX is running again WITHOUT the new (maybe buggy) update.